Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Apprentice

@bobblebob

Explorer

Yes. We know. Congratz.

We also know Samsung, Sony, OnePlus, Motorola and other users have same drain problems. This means it's not just Samsung problem, it is general Android Oreo bug.

Apprentice

Well I did NOT buy a Sony, Motorola or whatever device.

I bought a Samsung product.

Samsung did provide a buggy update.

Now Samsung has to fix it.

Explorer

TIL I have to beat up someone at Lenovo when my Windows 10 does some stupid *****.

Apprentice

Samsung arent the only ones to blame. The networks test the update before releasing it to try and stop this exact issue so didnt do their job properly. Although its Samsung that has to fix it

Explorer

Yeah, I'm totally sure they did not test basic stuff 

Only few % of users is having drain problems. Samsung could test thousands of devices and still not find the bug. And even if they did find the bug, they'd still have to wait for Google to patch it up.

Apprentice

You just have no idea that it only affects a "few % of users". So please stop minimizing this issue. You can live with it? You think that is not so important? Fine with me, go live your life and let the people that do bother ask Samsung to do its job.

Explorer

Why are you all so grumpy? Do you think beign grumpy and attacking people will solve your First World problem? Stop poluting this thread with hatred.

This is Samsung forum, Samsung moderators have already been involved in this thread so they "should know about this problem". This kind of problems are not solved over night but should be resolved in near future, I believe. 

Did you post your problem via Samsung Members or did you just came here to whine? You people should start posting problem over Samsung Members, start writing mails to Samsung support and public Facebook and other pages so Samsung will not be able to just ignore it. Virtualy noone cares about us if we just talk about a problem over this forum.

Apprentice

I posted through Samsung Members and the reply was "factory reset" and/or "go to local dealer". From Samsung Members reply I can conclude only two: 1. they are unaware of the problem or 2. they just dont care

So thats why we are posting here..

Apprentice

I got similar answers from Samsung members and local services.

Top Liked Authors