Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

@WonderToy wrote:

Start Googling. There are Oreo Standby drain problem on S7, S8, S9, OnePlus devices, Sony devices etc. Grow up and stop whining. We need solution, not a bunch of crybabies crying over Samsung.

@dj1891 Name a single "non-dirty" company. I dare you. 

No one has a similar bug on the Oneplus 5, 5T, 6 or Xiaomi devices groups where I am. Groups with houndreds of people. But in the S7's group the vast majority has this bug! We need a solution, not a bunch of people saying others must learn to use Google!

Explorer

So if you're okay with them bricking all these devices that we paid $700-$800 for, why are you on this thread if it's not to help find a solution? I googled and found this thread and posted my experience to help others. Everyone on here has valid complaints- not like we broke a nail or can't get the latest $1000 phone in the color we want, lol. Oh and just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it okay. 

Explorer

@WonderToy wrote:

Start Googling. There are Oreo Standby drain problem on S7, S8, S9, OnePlus devices, Sony devices etc. Grow up and stop whining. We need solution, not a bunch of crybabies crying over Samsung.

@WonderToy do you have an S7 or an S7 Edge that's having this issue ? If not, than please go to the sites that suits you're phone maker and model ! 

Explorer

Jep. S7 with standby drain. And im searching for a good solution. Im not just whining.

Explorer
Still not a solution you griping abt people stating the fact that we all have same problem. I, for one, am glad to have found this thread/community and it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone in having this problem. And if we work together, maybe we can come up with something.
Apprentice

My Nokia 6230i hold up for 10 years. I hate myself for making decision to go samsung path and buying galaxy s7 2 years ago. Hate because I payed money to SCAMsung. Lessons learned.

BTW, their du%b support keeps responding that it is not a massive defect (pretending it is not) and refuses to accept error report in attempt to fix a bug (besides a standard: reset your phone, visit service etc). What an argument, yeah? Although I did share a link to this thread. They don't care.

Explorer

@povudlo- same here! Had my Nokia forever. And then when I got rid of that one, I got another one exactly like it years later and lasted me for another few years til I got the Samsung slider with the keyboard that made it easier to text. SCAMsung- love it! So glad I found yall.

Explorer

@ovidiul wrote:

Then why only happened on s7 and why Samsung do nothing ?

Samsung Romania did not even bother to answer me. 

@ovidiul I'm from Romania too, look you have to contact the CEO, not the regular average ***** that's working for Samsung's customer service. Do that !... although they won't help you too much but at least they will be more aware of their sitty update problem !

And by the way this update is about s7 and s7 Edge !

First Poster

Someone ask about coming back to nougat. There is no knox trip doing this. My knox is already tripped, but only because i was playing with twrp. It is safe to go back to nougat as long as it is version of fw including bootloader U2 (v2) 

Explorer

@WonderToy wrote:

Show me screenshots, cause I doubt it is so widespread problem as in S7 case. Now my cell standby drains 50% of battery!!!

Top Liked Authors