Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Highlighted
First Poster

This is why I've ordered a OnePlus phone. Samsung have lost my business for good 

Highlighted
Explorer

Well, seems that OnePlus users have the same battery drain problem right now. Looks like it's Oreo issue.

Highlighted
Navigator

@KornelB @VSiam,

Have you already contacted them?

Highlighted
Navigator

Meanwhile:

I'm done factory reset just to test will it change anything. I'm still with EREO modem which I flashed few weeks before. I will report since I have some data.

Highlighted
Navigator

I will still keep monitoring this thread here, but this guy is saying that drain got fixed for him:

[QUOTE=Mort015;77027769]For BL/Modem Updates u can use odin if you have no root. If you have root then you can download the lastest BL_CP zip for S7/S7edge and simply flash it via TWRP. i got Android System Drain fixed by flashing TGP Kernel and. I also use ForceDoze app. My todays SOT is actually 5h 50min and i still have 24%. Standby Drain: Nothing🤗I think Android System drain is a Kernel relates issue bc on TGP Kernel i have only 13% of Android System drain. On MoroKernel i had around 35%-50%🙁... but with TGP Kernel all is fine for me. Whats your Device mate? Then i can give you all links to files bc i safed them in my Browser[/QUOTE]

@AntS probably someone out there will fix the issue faster than Samsung. In this case it's wise to take help from "outside of the house".

Highlighted
Apprentice

The only drainage I notice since update on my s7 edge was with location enabled. It would drain faster but not horrendous amount compared to Nougat when I had location on it did not drain hardly at all but Oreo it does. So now I have location and history turned off. With it off it does about what Nougat with battery but slightly better. My issue is with location now. I hope that would be solved in future.

Highlighted
Navigator

Just a thought, would switching to Wifi calling help with standby drain? I never use wifi calling to be honest.

Highlighted
Explorer

I did come back to nougat. It is possible when you pick the right 7.0 software - G935FXXU2DRB6 which includes new bootloader version (v2)

Highlighted
Apprentice

I am from Romania, and the Samsung Romania first time (first answer) they told me to reboot my phone. After I told them that I tried and did not work out, they did not even respond to my email.

Ok, @Samsung my next phone will be an Huawei, Xiaomi, LG etc. never, never, never I will not buy a Samsung.

Highlighted
Explorer
@ovidiul Do you realize that this is common Android Oreo problem and not Samsung bug?
Top Liked Authors