Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

@DiegoPereira wrote:

Guys, how much battery percentage yours s7 edge is draining during the sleep night (aproxim. 8 hours in totally stand by) ?????

my s7 edge with oreo and november security patch is draining between 20 - 25% during the night. Formatted him and the draining keeps. I remeber when I was the nougat, the drain is about 6-8 % per night (8 hours slipping), and since Ive updated this ***** to oreo, never keep this mark again.

My s7 is a "new" device, i bought him on march 2018. and in july I updated him with oreo.

Can you guys can report how much your s7 edge was draining during 8 hours on night keepin the device in totally stand by?

obs: I dont use always on display, and the fone is connected on wi-fi during all night , without airplane mode, only with the phone signal and wifi.

As reported by me 20% drain in 10 hours. No AoD, no wifi and the phone just sat on the side.

Unfortunatly for you as its a newish phone you are stuck with it. Samsung are not going to fix this issue. As soon as your warranty has run out maybe seek to install a custom Rom on it and have a half decent usable phone again

Apprentice

@D3an wrote:

@DiegoPereira wrote:

Guys, how much battery percentage yours s7 edge is draining during the sleep night (aproxim. 8 hours in totally stand by) ?????

my s7 edge with oreo and november security patch is draining between 20 - 25% during the night. Formatted him and the draining keeps. I remeber when I was the nougat, the drain is about 6-8 % per night (8 hours slipping), and since Ive updated this ***** to oreo, never keep this mark again.

My s7 is a "new" device, i bought him on march 2018. and in july I updated him with oreo.

Can you guys can report how much your s7 edge was draining during 8 hours on night keepin the device in totally stand by?

obs: I dont use always on display, and the fone is connected on wi-fi during all night , without airplane mode, only with the phone signal and wifi.

As reported by me 20% drain in 10 hours. No AoD, no wifi and the phone just sat on the side.

Unfortunatly for you as its a newish phone you are stuck with it. Samsung are not going to fix this issue. As soon as your warranty has run out maybe seek to install a custom Rom on it and have a half decent usable phone again

Thank you for your time, i really aprreciate this, but, sincerly, I dont want to wait this time and  wasting my time installing alternative roms, I'll thinking just sell this garbage and maybe buy a redmi note 5 or 6 pro or zenfone 5 max pro and never keep battery headaches again.

I bought for my wife an xiaomi redmi 5 plus and I really like this budget phone, maybe I'll buy an redmi 6 pro or another similar, of course, Ill lose a little bit on camera (night shots sux) and processing, but gains in screen ratio, and battery, but its more important to me.

and about super amoled and ips lcd, I really dont care much, the difference exists, but is not from another world, i really preffer an phone with good battery capacity instead a lot of problems during heavy usave of device (gaming, screen time) and battery drains.

Explorer

@DiegoPereira wrote:

Thank you for your time, i really aprreciate this, but, sincerly, I dont want to wait this time and  wasting my time installing alternative roms, I'll thinking just sell this garbage and maybe buy a redmi note 5 or 6 pro or zenfone 5 max pro and never keep battery headaches again.

I bought for my wife an xiaomi redmi 5 plus and I really like this budget phone, maybe I'll buy an redmi 6 pro or another similar, of course, Ill lose a little bit on camera (night shots sux) and processing, but gains in screen ratio, and battery, but its more important to me.

and about super amoled and ips lcd, I really dont care much, the difference exists, but is not from another world, i really preffer an phone with good battery capacity instead a lot of problems during heavy usave of device (gaming, screen time) and battery drains.

I feel your pain. Ive been there and had the issue with battery drain and messed about sending my phone back to Samsung twice where they replaced the battery twice and it's motherboard once, it didnt help with the issue at all. I installed a custom Rom (not hard to do at all) and now im lucky if i loose 2% battery in 10 hours.. It is not the ideal solution and we shouldnt have to mess about doing this BUT it is the only way to get a usable phone back. (Installing custom Rom will void any warranty you have). The phone is a great phone as most people who have used it will know its just a shame that its original software screws with it and gives very poor battery life

Apprentice

@D3an wrote:

@DiegoPereira wrote:

I feel your pain. Ive been there and had the issue with battery drain and messed about sending my phone back to Samsung twice where they replaced the battery twice and it's motherboard once, it didnt help with the issue at all. I installed a custom Rom (not hard to do at all) and now im lucky if i loose 2% battery in 10 hours.. It is not the ideal solution and we shouldnt have to mess about doing this BUT it is the only way to get a usable phone back. (Installing custom Rom will void any warranty you have). The phone is a great phone as most people who have used it will know its just a shame that its original software screws with it and gives very poor battery life

What custom rom you're using? Ill try it them. and i dont care about warranty.

just tell me what i need to do to install this custom rom.

Ive upgraded my s7 with oreo via ODIN (big mistake to upgrade rsrsrs). To install a custom rom i need to  root my device?

Explorer

@DiegoPereira wrote:

@D3an wrote:

@DiegoPereira wrote:

What custom rom you're using? Ill try it them. and i dont care about warranty.

just tell me what i need to do to install this custom rom.

Ive upgraded my s7 with oreo via ODIN (big mistake to upgrade rsrsrs). To install a custom rom i need to  root my device?

Im using CivZ's  which can be found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development/civz-g935f-multi-csc-rom-t3616815

Yes the phone needs to be rooted. I cant remember if the Rom will do it for you or not (have a scroll on the Roms posts for more info). failing that google chainfire auto root

You will need to have twrp 3.1 or higher installed which needs to be flashed to the phone via Odin

Highlighted
Apprentice

thank you, ill check it later.

Really apreciate this.

thanks in advance

Explorer

battery.jpgsoftware.jpg

Updated to the latest version of the custom Rom and things are still looking good

First Poster

Hey, has anyone tried this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-aeNm2Kbkk

Go to Settings- Apps -Google Play Services- Change System Settings (Select off)

First Poster

I post a capture of my recent battery stats. I Aldo restricted background data just for fbk.Screenshot_20181203-080922_Settings.jpg

Apprentice

my s7 edge battery performance using stock oreo with the november security patch.

I think is no magnificent like marshmallow or nougat, but, that's ok, for medium-heavy usage without too much games and camera, i think its ok for all day.

Im satisfied with the performance in overallScreenshot_20181130-214344_Settings.jpg

Top Liked Authors