Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Apprentice

the patch of October is a disaster! Battery falls so easy. Why Samsung why? Please fix this and do it like the first August patch. We loved this phone!

Highlighted
First Poster

Yes, the october patch made phone really hard to use. Battery goes down like crazy. Factory reset didnt help.

I would be really happy if i could use my perfectly good phone again.

Explorer

@krsinator wrote:

Yes, the october patch made phone really hard to use. Battery goes down like crazy. Factory reset didnt help.

I would be really happy if i could use my perfectly good phone again.

I'm so glad not to be on the stock Rom it would have drove me nuts .. Second complaint now about the 'new' patch which only seems to have made things worse than they originally was. Well Done Samsung, would seem you guys are all over fixing the issue .

Samsung will quite happily charge you £70 (In the UK) for a new battery should your phone be out of warranty in an effort to resolve this "battery drain issue". I sent my phone back to them again after the first time where they replaced battery with the exact same problem, they kindly replaced my motherboard at no cost and another new battery. I still had same issue when i got it back until i went onto a custom Rom.

Navigator

@Sylva1n wrote:

@SmashMix wrote:

@mite_jan wrote:

Apple and Samsung fined by Italian authorities over slow phones

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45963943

Good news that authorities in some countries are awake of this issue and that smartphone giant are making changes under the hood of our phones 👍 Hope this will force Samsung to release fixing update for us and change the direction for future of newer phones and their users.

Yeah but they were only fined 5M€, which is nothing to them and the eventual profit from ppl buying new phones will cover it easily.

Personaly, I will exclude samsung of all the hardware i'll buy in the future, smartphones, TV etc. Good alternatives can be found for any product. I'll also advise friends and family to chose better.

If there has been no improvements until now, there won't be any in the future. They have to sell new phones to get enough profit to satisfy stockholders, so clearly older models are not a priority. If some guys can tweak roms and do better than Samsung's teams of engineers, it means they're not even trying to solve it.

Going for custom roms is the only solution for our S7.

Choosing a product which is not having the Samsung hardware inside could be very difficult these days. Even someone's highly loved Apple is using Samsung's displays. Samsung is everywhere 😂

But, yes, good decision because of this issue is already over 5-6 months old and they are not solved it yet (or are they even trying to? 😜)

October patch didn't anything for me (I don't personally see that battery life got worse after that security update, but not better anyways).

First Poster

Screenshot_20181105-085724_Settings.jpg

Does this look normal??? After one hour off the charger.

Explorer

@krsinator wrote:

Screenshot_20181105-085724_Settings.jpg

Does this look normal??? After one hour off the charger.

Looks perfectly fine for a useless phone

Screenshot_20181105-145611_Settings[2495].jpg

First Poster

Screenshot_20181111-152849_Settings.jpg

This one is interesting too, isn't it?

Samsung i know it's not yet Christmas, but what about you giving us something nice? Maybe make our phones usable again?

Explorer

@krsinator wrote:

Screenshot_20181111-152849_Settings.jpg

This one is interesting too, isn't it?

Samsung i know it's not yet Christmas, but what about you giving us something nice? Maybe make our phones usable again?

. Wasting your time krsinator. As already pointed out a little further in this discussion. If Samsung havn't fixed it yet (despite all this time) then it will never ever get fixed.. If your phone is out of warranty then i would seek to install a custom Rom on it and have done with having a useless phone

Hey there, just wanted to share my experience with this awfull bug. Phone is S7 unlocked (flat) bought in the US - came as XSG (UAE). Anyway got the Oreo update and cell standby drain started. This thread warned about V3 bootloader update so I was able to skip that. Went back to Nougat  but was itchy about Oreo. Tested Turkey  OREO firmwares (had same codes as UAE) but no luck. Found some bootloaders/modems on XDA, tested - no luck. Then I found out that there is a V2 Oreo in my own country - downloaded, tested and here are results. I am attaching as much screens as I can - might help someone and link to that Oreo TOP version  ( https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7/SM-G930F/TOP/download/G930FXXS2ERH6/231373/

This looks great to me since Oreo would kill battery in a day and a half with this usage. I am not saying anyone should flash this - just sharing my experience.  Been pissed at Samsung (still am) but now I have usable phone

Screenshot_20181115-190927_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20181115-190950_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20181115-191056_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20181115-191248.jpg

Apprentice

Guys, how much battery percentage yours s7 edge is draining during the sleep night (aproxim. 8 hours in totally stand by) ?????

my s7 edge with oreo and november security patch is draining between 20 - 25% during the night. Formatted him and the draining keeps. I remeber when I was the nougat, the drain is about 6-8 % per night (8 hours slipping), and since Ive updated this ***** to oreo, never keep this mark again.

My s7 is a "new" device, i bought him on march 2018. and in july I updated him with oreo.

Can you guys can report how much your s7 edge was draining during 8 hours on night keepin the device in totally stand by?

obs: I dont use always on display, and the fone is connected on wi-fi during all night , without airplane mode, only with the phone signal and wifi.

Top Liked Authors