Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Apprentice

Well  i said it help a little bit i think i can tell if my phone is dying faster or holding it charge more but since you kno my phone then i guess your right πŸ™„

Apprentice

Well  i said it help a little bit i think i can tell if my phone is dying faster or holding it charge more but since you kno my phone then i guess your right 

Explorer

@mite_jan wrote:

i have just sold my s7 edge , waiting for s8 plus now
you may all be hating on the samsung but they have the best cameras and best screen in a phone

i have owned many phones but nothing compares to samsung

btw the s7 edge was my first samsung device

Lol, i aint hating on Samsung. I was merely disappointed in its idle drain, which is just silly on Oreo for which i no longer have since using the previously mentioned Rom. I do like Samsung since owning the S5 few years ago and upgraded few months ago to an S7, liked that and thought id try an Edge and all seemed well at first . . . . .

Even some S8's have issues looking around on these forums, luckily though they are all due another major android update which may or may not help. Good luck with it mite_jan

Explorer

@D3an wrote:

@mite_jan wrote:

i have just sold my s7 edge , waiting for s8 plus now
you may all be hating on the samsung but they have the best cameras and best screen in a phone

i have owned many phones but nothing compares to samsung

btw the s7 edge was my first samsung device

Lol, i aint hating on Samsung. I was merely disappointed in its idle drain, which is just silly on Oreo for which i no longer have since using the previously mentioned Rom. I do like Samsung since owning the S5 few years ago and upgraded few months ago to an S7, liked that and thought id try an Edge and all seemed well at first . . . . .

Even some S8's have issues looking around on these forums, luckily though they are all due another major android update which may or may not help. Good luck with it mite_jan

thanks mate , i want piece of that Pie in 2019
i dont know how the s7 edge was on nougat but on oreo i was getting 4 to 5h SOT with data on official roms so i think that is normal and yes that cell standby drain is some visual thing some app services may be connected to it 
i recommend to all to go custom if your warranty is finished , prime stable is a great romfor those 2 days that i tried with morokernel , the phone was much faster , 

also google services are indeed draining the battery a bit and only way to stop it i think is with root greenify or some xposed module 

Apprentice

Samsung were fined 5 million euro yesterday by the Italian authorities for deliberately slowing people's phones down with software updates. It seems they have now changed their tactics and are going after our battery life.

I'm surprised to hear people on this forum saying they are going to buy another Samsung device. I personally will never touch another Samsung product.  Dishonest and disgusting company. 

Explorer

@Fisiksguy wrote:

Samsung were fined 5 million euro yesterday by the Italian authorities for deliberately slowing people's phones down with software updates. It seems they have now changed their tactics and are going after our battery life.

I'm surprised to hear people on this forum saying they are going to buy another Samsung device. I personally will never touch another Samsung product.  Dishonest and disgusting company. 

Battery life is already an issue . Despite my S7 Edge going back to a service centre twice for battery drain, mainly being 20% drain in 10 hours, they wanted to have the phone back yet again for another inspection. That fine is nothing to Samsung and i do wonder how many batterires they have replaced and charged people for because their phone is out of warranty to find out it does nothing to fix the issue. Samsung do make some really good  phones. It is just a shame the software sucks so badly.

Navigator

Are there any custom roms you guys recommend for a newbie? I dont want to tinker just a phone that is quick with decent battery life something Samsung aren't going to fix.

If I recall correctly the same thing happened with my S5, They brought out a crappy update might have been android 5, it drained battery like mad and they never fixed it, that was the last update that device got so this is not a new tactic by Samsung

Explorer

Apple and Samsung fined by Italian authorities over slow phones

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45963943

Highlighted
Navigator

@mite_jan wrote:

Good news that authorities in some countries are awake of this issue and that smartphone giant are making changes under the hood of our phones πŸ‘ Hope this will force Samsung to release fixing update for us and change the direction for future of newer phones and their users.

Explorer

@SmashMix wrote:

@mite_jan wrote:

Good news that authorities in some countries are awake of this issue and that smartphone giant are making changes under the hood of our phones πŸ‘ Hope this will force Samsung to release fixing update for us and change the direction for future of newer phones and their users.

Yeah but they were only fined 5M€, which is nothing to them and the eventual profit from ppl buying new phones will cover it easily.

Personaly, I will exclude samsung of all the hardware i'll buy in the future, smartphones, TV etc. Good alternatives can be found for any product. I'll also advise friends and family to chose better.

If there has been no improvements until now, there won't be any in the future. They have to sell new phones to get enough profit to satisfy stockholders, so clearly older models are not a priority. If some guys can tweak roms and do better than Samsung's teams of engineers, it means they're not even trying to solve it.

Going for custom roms is the only solution for our S7.

Top Liked Authors