Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

Screenshot_20181014-135329_Settings[2474].jpg

14hours idle and only 3% battery lost.. ROM is from xda - [TW official Oreo 8.0] CivZ - 935F/FD-G930F/FD Multi csc

Explorer

@D3an wrote:

14hours idle and only 3% battery lost.. ROM is from xda - [TW official Oreo 8.0] CivZ - 935F/FD-G930F/FD Multi csc

Civz is not using the newest base i was thinking of alexandr or tgp or New G935FXXS3ERI1 ODEX Viper&Full Photo

With the newest base G935FXXS3ERI1

I am already om the 3rd bootloader

Explorer

Civz is not using the newest base i was thinking of alexandr or tgp or New G935FXXS3ERI1 ODEX Viper&Full Photo

With the newest base G935FXXS3ERI1

I am already on the 3rd bootloader

To be honest i didnt really mess about all that much with different Roms. I did try TGP but really didnt like it. I did downgrade and tried a nougat Rom but again i didnt like it (mainly because call block features was not on it) . Tried to go back to a stock Rom but was unable to flash it due to errors in Odin despite all these Guides out there.. If you do try alexandr or G935FXXS3ERI1 ODEX Viper&Full photo then i really would be interested in learning how you get on and how the battery life lasts on them.. Its very apparent that Samsung does not really care and they are more than happy to have my phone keep going back to a Service centre on a stock Rom with battery drain issues. 

Screenshot_20181014-152058[2475].jpg

I really cant fault the battery life now, so i guess it saves me hassling Samsung

Highlighted
Navigator

@D3an wrote:

But these results is with mobile data turned OFF while phone is IDLE, isn't it? I think you don't have even a SIM card in your phone, don't you?

What we are complaining about here in this topic is mainly the battery drain while idle AND/OR using the phone with mobile data turned ON. Especially on 4G.

What is your experience keeping above mentioned in mind on that ROM?

Explorer

@SmashMix wrote:

@D3an wrote:

But these results is with mobile data turned OFF while phone is IDLE, isn't it? I think you don't have even a SIM card in your phone, don't you?

What we are complaining about here in this topic is mainly the battery drain while idle AND/OR using the phone with mobile data turned ON. Especially on 4G.

What is your experience keeping above mentioned in mind on that ROM?

My apologies for hi-jacking the discussion but i did think idle drain is part of the issue. Yes this is whilst the phone is idle.
Just to add im upto 2 days 11 hours and only 19% battery used, compared to 20% used in 10 hours i was getting.  I am not a heavy user as you can probably tell so im unable to report how it is using mobile data and Yes i do have a SIM in my phone

Apprentice

After going into my settings and turning off the body sensor its made my battery life last a little long 

Apprentice

@Mannyh wrote:

After going into my settings and turning off the body sensor its made my battery life last a little long 

No offense friend but posts like that are utterly pointless. It's putting a band-aid on a broken arm. We demand a real solution from Samsung because we paid our hard-earned money for these phones and we expect them to perform properly. 

Explorer

i have installed primestable 8.1 and omg i love it so much customizations
only to make my bank app working and check battery life

Apprentice

For me it is clear regarding samsung, never this f...company in my life and not insteresting with s7 battery life anymore. Unsubscribing from the forum, it is enough for me to hope and wait, to hope and wait again and again when sucksung will do something. Good luck everybody))) see you on huawei forum, maybe)))

Explorer

i have just sold my s7 edge , waiting for s8 plus now
you may all be hating on the samsung but they have the best cameras and best screen in a phone

i have owned many phones but nothing compares to samsung

btw the s7 edge was my first samsung device

Top Liked Authors