Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

I should of saved the live chat i had with them, but yes after looking into their records and seeing ive had a new battery fitted by them, he suggested i check my charger (as that could be at fault). After i told the rep it was a brand new charger less than 6 month old he then came back with Oreo uses so much. As for a refund, im certainly going to try especially if they are aware of Oreo draining the battery

Apprentice

Didnt want to do it but samsung battery life sucks might just have to switch to Apple 🤮

Explorer

Lol, i thought about that but they no better slowing down older devices

Highlighted
Navigator
Samsung became just like apple, as they wanted to be. Just go xiaomi or huawei or nokia, or custom romming
Navigator

@Mannyh wrote:

Didnt want to do it but samsung battery life sucks might just have to switch to Apple 🤮

I don't think that Apple is any better on this 😂 IMHO Samsung is just doing the same Apple did already for few years 😉

Q to everybody here: What about your battery life now after few updates? Mine didn't get better.. as weak as it was all the time after I got Oreo..

Explorer

Ugh custom Roms. Problem i find with some of these is that some features of the phone sometimes dont work or dont work properly. Ive rattled Samsung supports cage and my phone is now currently back at a service centre. Awaiting to see what they say

Apprentice

@Rockchagin wrote:

@Robotson wrote:

@Robotson wrote:

Screenshot_20180925-110841_Settings.jpg

I *think* the latest OTA update has fixed it for me. I'm at 85% by almost lunchtime. This is similar to the performance I was getting with battery saver mode on.

Will let you know how it looks by the end of the day. 

Just to update - the issue definitely now seems fixed. I'm getting through about 25% for every hour of Screen on Time. So looking at about 4 hours of SOT in total, which considering this is a brand-new battery, is not amazing, but its certainly better than the 2 - 2.5 hours I was getting for the past 6 weeks! 

Could you post some screenshots of battery usage?

Sorry for late reply - here you go. So as you can see I'm about to run out of juice at just over 4 hrs. After that dodgy Oreo update I was getting about 2.5 tops. It's still not the 5 hrs I was getting on Nougat  but it's better. 

Screenshot_20181008-222032_Settings.jpg

Explorer

@Robotson wrote:

@Rockchagin wrote:

@Robotson wrote:

@Robotson wrote:

Screenshot_20180925-110841_Settings.jpg 

I *think* the latest OTA update has fixed it for me. I'm at 85% by almost lunchtime. This is similar to the performance I was getting with battery saver mode on.

Will let you know how it looks by the end of the day. 

Just to update - the issue definitely now seems fixed. I'm getting through about 25% for every hour of Screen on Time. So looking at about 4 hours of SOT in total, which considering this is a brand-new battery, is not amazing, but its certainly better than the 2 - 2.5 hours I was getting for the past 6 weeks! 

Could you post some screenshots of battery usage?

Sorry for late reply - here you go. So as you can see I'm about to run out of juice at just over 4 hrs. After that dodgy Oreo update I was getting about 2.5 tops. It's still not the 5 hrs I was getting on Nougat  but it's better. 

Screenshot_20181008-222032_Settings.jpg

Ever since the oreo update I've had the same consistent 4 sot with mobile data on. To give you an idea, when I switch to airplane mode and turn on wifi, I get up to 10 hours sot of social, web, youtube, messengers, you name it. The battery life right after the update always seems to require a settle down period, a few days, but I am definitely not talking about 4 hours of sot on 3000 mah with location turned off and no gaming. As of now it's clear nothing's fixed just yet. I mean my iPhone se gets up to 5 hours sot with EVERYTHING turned on, on mobile data. Embarrassing.

Explorer

So my S7 Edge went back to Samsung support again where they replaced a "board" according to the letter i got with the phone. It really didnt do much good to be honest. According to battery stats it was running 1.8 % per hour, with the "board" replaced it went down to 1.7% per hour on stand by. So i looked into Roms

Screenshot_20181013-125724_Settings[2473].jpg

I really cant complain now

Explorer

@D3an wrote:

So my S7 Edge went back to Samsung support again where they replaced a "board" according to the letter i got with the phone. It really didnt do much good to be honest. According to battery stats it was running 1.8 % per hour, with the "board" replaced it went down to 1.7% per hour on stand by. So i looked into Roms

Screenshot_20181013-125724_Settings[2473].jpg

I really cant complain now

What rom what kernel i think i will go custom too i miss greenify 

Top Liked Authors