Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

First Poster

What settings do you all use?. I've turned everything off like location,sync,Bluetooth,nfc, mobile data, etc.  Would like to keep most things on but can't because off the software is *****.

Observer

Samsung is a very good product to use including a long battery life 

Explorer

@doktermy wrote:

Samsung is a very good product to use including a long battery life 

You created an account one hour ago just yo post that? Working at samsung?

TracyR Moderator

@Sylva1n - There was a link on the end of the post which went to a non relevant (possibly spam) website, so I removed the link. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Apprentice

@Robotson wrote:

Screenshot_20180925-110841_Settings.jpg

I *think* the latest OTA update has fixed it for me. I'm at 85% by almost lunchtime. This is similar to the performance I was getting with battery saver mode on.

Will let you know how it looks by the end of the day. 

Just to update - the issue definitely now seems fixed. I'm getting through about 25% for every hour of Screen on Time. So looking at about 4 hours of SOT in total, which considering this is a brand-new battery, is not amazing, but its certainly better than the 2 - 2.5 hours I was getting for the past 6 weeks! 

Explorer

@Robotson wrote:

@Robotson wrote:

I *think* the latest OTA update has fixed it for me. I'm at 85% by almost lunchtime. This is similar to the performance I was getting with battery saver mode on.

Just to update - the issue definitely now seems fixed. I'm getting through about 25% for every hour of Screen on Time. So looking at about 4 hours of SOT in total, which considering this is a brand-new battery, is not amazing, but its certainly better than the 2 - 2.5 hours I was getting for the past 6 weeks! 

Could you post some screenshots of battery usage?

Apprentice

@Robotson wrote:

@Robotson wrote:

4 hours still sounds pretty poor. I was getting 5-6 when my battery was new but I guess it depends on how you're using your phone. 

Highlighted
Explorer

So it would seem this issue is still on going. After contacting Samsung support a little over 2 weeks ago they suggested i send the phone into a service centre. My initial complaint was, the phone in stand by with AOD off, wifi off, bluetooth off and in medium power saving mode looses 20% battery in 10 hours of it doing nothing. So the service centre got my phone and i was told the battery needed replacing (and as no longer under warranty would cost £70), so i agreed to this. Got my phone back and guess what ???. It is no different and still looses 20% in 10 hours of it doing nothing =(
£70 lighter with a PoS that still does the same. Contacted Samsung support again and was told its Oreo

Apprentice

@D3an wrote:

So it would seem this issue is still on going. After contacting Samsung support a little over 2 weeks ago they suggested i send the phone into a service centre. My initial complaint was, the phone in stand by with AOD off, wifi off, bluetooth off and in medium power saving mode looses 20% battery in 10 hours of it doing nothing. So the service centre got my phone and i was told the battery needed replacing (and as no longer under warranty would cost £70), so i agreed to this. Got my phone back and guess what ???. It is no different and still looses 20% in 10 hours of it doing nothing =(
£70 lighter with a PoS that still does the same. Contacted Samsung support again and was told its Oreo

So they actually acknowledged that there is a problem with Oreo? Did you get that in writing? I would push for a refund of your £70. 

Explorer

@D3an wrote:

I applaud your perseverance. If only everyone of us could do it Samsung way to finally have them admit it is oreo! We might just give this whole situation a favorable spin. But! Not everyone is on oreo, not everyone has Samsung support center available, and finally nobody in their sane mind will do it Samsung way because, duh, we already know the problem is oreo.

There's another thing related to what we are discussing. Does anyone here know of the fact that the new s9 on snapdragon and s9 on exynos deliver different battery lives? Namely, s9 snapdragon, sold in America and China is doing well as it should, but compared to it, s9 exynos for the rest of the world markets delivers 1 and a half hour less battery life from a full single charge? Look it up, russians are advising against buying s9 or s9+ which has exynos. And the problem is yet to cause another big hatred.

Well, I'm just saying...

Top Liked Authors