Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Apprentice

I have actually managed to solve my drain issue by flashing with odin and calibrating my battery. I get a fine 4-5 hours of SOT of light-medium usage. Before I used to get a 2-3 hours of SOT

Explorer

@AliTheMan wrote:

I have actually managed to solve my drain issue by flashing with odin and calibrating my battery. I get a fine 4-5 hours of SOT of light-medium usage. Before I used to get a 2-3 hours of SOT

Did you revert back to Nougat ? Or did you cocktail the Oreo firmwares?

Apprentice

@Sylva1n wrote:

@AliTheMan wrote:

Did you revert back to Nougat ? Or did you cocktail the Oreo firmwares?

Nope, I've never reverted back to Nougat, I'm on Oreo. My battery drains 1% every 4-5 mins which is about 5 hours of SOT. My phone is 2 years old so I think it is very good

Apprentice

I didn't cocktail the Oreo, I'm running the offical BTU firmware with no change. The only thing I did differently when flashing, is that I ticked the "NAND erase" button and used a pit file. I wanted to erase everything and do clean flash.

First Poster

Any news on Samsung fixing this yet? 

Apprentice

@Leecharles wrote:

Any news on Samsung fixing this yet? 

Nope

First Poster

@AliTheMan wrote:

For those how went back to Nouget, is the battery life any better? did it solve the drain issue for you?

Yes! Before upgrade I could easily get through a day without getting a low battery warning. With Oreo it died much quicker with low battery warnings happening and sometimes leaving me with a dead phone by evening. The culprit according to battery was cell standby and turning off volte etc doing very little for me.  reverting to nougat resulted in the better life again so the oreo update was the culprit. Still on nougat waiting for a fix!

Highlighted
Apprentice

@AliTheMan wrote:

Nice one! What did you flash though? The latest Oreo or nougat? 

Apprentice

Screenshot_20180925-110841_Settings.jpg

I *think* the latest OTA update has fixed it for me. I'm at 85% by almost lunchtime. This is similar to the performance I was getting with battery saver mode on.

Will let you know how it looks by the end of the day. 

Apprentice

@Robotson wrote:

@AliTheMan wrote:

Nice one! What did you flash though? The latest Oreo or nougat? 

I have flashed the latest Oreo update using Odin

Top Liked Authors