Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

@Fisiksguy wrote:

Out of interest, has anyone else taken their phone to a Samsung support centre over this issue? This is what Samsung had suggested when I talked to them over online chat. The support centre reflashed my phone software but it made no difference.  Did a visit to a support centre solve the problem for anyone? 

@Fisiksguy I took mine based on their request and NO the problem wasn't fixed. I believe I already posted that, they changed my phone's battery and mother board and of course that has nothing to do with the software bugs. 

Explorer

@Angelo23 wrote:

Hello guys I have to say that my operator updated by OTA my phone in Spain 10 days ago.

I was having batery drain issues since 1 month aprox.

My phone was version G930FXXU2ERD6. Updated to version G930FXXU2ERGE/G930FXXU2ERGC and all works fine now.

Battery recovered original duration levels from last months and usage of Cell Standby is max 4% daily. Before the update, Cell Stanbdy usage was 30-40 % daily.

Regards

@Angelo23 Got the same ERGC basebad version with ERH6 built number a couple of days ago and for the moment, as you said the Cell Standby drainage is lower, I can't say yet if the general battery drainage stopped but what I can say is that the Phone app started to get stuck for few seconds whenever I'm dialing a number. So don't cellebrate yet, Samsung fixed something but broke something else !!! ... All the software developers should be fired, how is it possible that no one can fix the issue properly ?!!

Apprentice
Wow.. Incredible that they haven't communicated down from the top about this fault.. imagine the money they're wasting in the stores changing motherboards and batteries!
Highlighted
Apprentice

So just to follow up on my post, I've had the latest (August 1st) update for 2 days now, and it has not changed a thing regarding battery drain.  I've used the phone for exactly 59m today, and I have only 60% battery left, as it has been since that 2nd or 3rd Oreo update that messed everything up.

I used to get to 60% after about 2.5 hours use, and that's on a bad day. And by the way, my phone has a brand new battery installed by Samsung themselves. 

I'm close to ditching the S7 and Samsung altogether, as I'm sure many people are! 

Apprentice

Definitely does not fix the update. 'Cell Standby' is no longer the biggest drainer (according to the phone), and Screen is now. But the battery still drains away just as fast! 

First Poster

This is just shocking, wise up Samsung!!

Explorer

@Lopesss wrote:
Vários aplicativos da Samsung não estão disponíveis na Google play, um absurdo!depois que atualizei o meu S7 para o Oreo demora minutos pra ligar ( ligação) , Samsung de mal a pior ! Bateria simplesmente morreu em todos os celulares da Samsung com o Oreo

we don't speak spanish here mate, this is an international forum

Explorer

Back in the early days of smartphones when there were only BlackBerry and Iphone I had an issue with my Blackberry after they updated their software, it was something that made my phone kind of unusable because I couldn't open some sites in the dedicated browser, you know what BlackBerry did after I had complained to their CEO (as I did now for at least 10 times complaining to Samsung's CEO in my country) ? They had sent me free of charge their latest model that didn't had that issue !!! Now this is the way to compensate loyal customers that suffer because your *****ups!!! 

To be honest with you I'm almost sure that nobody from Samsung even reads those threads but if they do, they should compensate each and every customer that suffers from their incompetence that is now lasting for more than 3 months, by offering them a free new device that actually works properly !!! 

Navigator

@KornelB wrote:

Back in the early days of smartphones when there were only BlackBerry and Iphone I had an issue with my Blackberry after they updated their software, it was something that made my phone kind of unusable because I couldn't open some sites in the dedicated browser, you know what BlackBerry did after I had complained to their CEO (as I did now for at least 10 times complaining to Samsung's CEO in my country) ? They had sent me free of charge their latest model that didn't had that issue !!! Now this is the way to compensate loyal customers that suffer because your *****ups!!! 

To be honest with you I'm almost sure that nobody from Samsung even reads those threads but if they do, they should compensate each and every customer that suffers from their incompetence that is now lasting for more than 3 months, by offering them a free new device that actually works properly !!! 

This really sounds sci-fi compared to samsung.

At least they should be able to get the software fixed as it is a common issue that this device did not have before, also considered how big is samsung

Apprentice

That is Brazilian Portuguese.

About the drain, Resetting the network settings and setting Data to 2g when not in use seems to help a little.

Also, can this cell drain be a Wifi related problem? there were a lot of people that saved battery during standby by setting a Static IP for their phones on their routers.

Top Liked Authors