Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

With LTE ON and AOD OFF, I get 1.3%/he drain at idle at night using the xda DevBase stock ROM by Alexndr using the ERG2 modem.

Explorer

@Mesho wrote:

I got updated to ERGE on Poland XEO and it seems quite fair on day with only LTE. I just haven't seen device idle before with more than 1-2% - here we see 6% - have you noticed it? In my location with quite bad signal strength I typically have 4-5h of SOT on Nougat, right now phone isn't heating so it's not really disaster. GSAM shows that mvp on battery eaters from apps is kernel with lots of kworker, is it OK?

Screenshot_20180812-165030_Settings.jpgink.png

As I mentioned earlier I had noticed significant battery drain during idle as well. However, after turning off "VoLTE calls" option under "Settings -- Connections -- Mobile Networks" idle drain problem disappeared. This however hasn't improved much greater battery consumption when phone is being used. During light internet browsing, I can literally see battery percentage dropping. This was not the case before firmware updates. Very frustrating...

Apprentice
That is my issue as well, it appears that the display is drawing much more than it should on a lower setting its still pulling quite a bit of power.
Apprentice

After latest update installed, "Cell" persentage drain returned to usual a couple of % as was on Nougat. But generally the battery drain still keeps high. This looks like "Cell" persentage was split to other statistical consumers and finally the drain is not fixed.

Navigator

@Alex130 wrote:

After latest update installed, "Cell" persentage drain returned to usual a couple of % as was on Nougat. But generally the battery drain still keeps high. This looks like "Cell" persentage was split to other statistical consumers and finally the drain is not fixed.

Yep I said exactly the same at the start. They manipulated the stats a bit too please us but fixed nothing.

Highlighted
Just Browsing

When you flash a differnet countries Modem ie CP, what happens to region specific things like dual sim capability, VoLTE etc?

Will all of them continue to be the same, or is it determined by the CP? 

@dj1891
Just Browsing

<deleted>

Navigator

@James0071 wrote:
Hi,

@SmashMixYes James0071 is still here and active! I've been reading all the posts and a good deal of them are really helpful. Not being an expert in flashing roms etc. I've steered clear of modification so far but been really interested to see the results; so far unfortunately not there yet....

Do you think that because I started the post (thank goodness as it's been **so** much more helpful than Samsung) I can change the title? Willing to give it a try as you have made some good suggestions.

Normally the one who created thread can edit title etc. Situation here on Samsung official forums may be different, but if you are agree with me, then try it. Now it is obvious that battery drain is not only because of "cell standby" and probably Samsung is trying to find a fix for it and playing with different solutions (that's why we see different drainers in each single update in different regions) OR simply trying to hide that drain and to make it harder to search forums for that problem. This is the reason why this topic should be with "universal" title so everyone having any kind of weird drain could find it.

Explorer

Hi guys,

I used to think that ERG2 had fixed my problem, but it hasn't.

In fact I was on holidays when I received the update, and I could reach up to 4H SOT with a complete charge, with my S7 flat, on one of my carrier's antenna. Being back home, things are way different, the best I can get is 2h30 SOT, and overall it feels bad.

I'm getting the feeling that since I'm not on one of my carrier's antenna, the battery is being drained pretty bad, trying to find my carrier's signal, and using roaming instead to connect to 4G (VOLTE disabled). Seing the huge difference (with the same phone and firmware) between being on my carrier's network or roaming over a competitor's, I'm afraid there won't be any improvement soon.

I upgraded to ERGE this morning, and it looks even worse, battery looks like it's melting while being idle, but it's probably too soon to tell.

Navigator

Just got notification of August update for 935F on BTU. ERH6

Top Liked Authors