Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

@VSiam wrote:
With ERG2 modem and LTE:
first night (8h) - 2% discharge (as it should be)
second night - 18%
So, no magic bullet for me yet. (

@my phone has been on 4g for 20 hours, as well as 2*8 hours of airplane mode. With SOT @ 2h20, I'm left with around 25% this morning. It feels better, previously I would never reach the second night.

However for some reason, while in airplane mode, battery decreased by 6% last night, which seems quite high (1/2% previously).

Explorer

wrote:

However for some reason, while in airplane mode, battery decreased by 6% last night, which seems quite high (1/2% previously).

I'm running the latest ERG2 modem on my S7 flat and last night I put the phone in airplane mode for 5 hours and slept and when I woke up, battery drain was 0%.

Explorer

@Xsever wrote:I'm running the latest ERG2 modem on my S7 flat and last night I put the phone in airplane mode for 5 hours and slept and when I woke up, battery drain was 0%.

Yeah, I've wiped the cache today, I'll see tomorrow morning. Might be just temporary.

Navigator

Noticing my phone's slower now with this new update, stutters and glitching.

Highlighted
Navigator

Ok so after 2 days of use I have noticed a couple of things.  The cell standby drain has gone, I've gone all day on 4g and Cell Standby is 2%. All stats are more balanced, ranging from 6% device idle to 1% for Gmail.  However battery life for me is no better.  At this stage of the day, just home from work I should be over 50% battery.  I'm now at 43% with same usage.  I also mentioned above I've noticed quite a few slowdowns and stutters which wasn't there before and yes I factory reset and cleared the cache when I first installed.  

Explorer

@dj1891 wrote:

Ok so after 2 days of use I have noticed a couple of things.  The cell standby drain has gone, I've gone all day on 4g and Cell Standby is 2%. All stats are more balanced, ranging from 6% device idle to 1% for Gmail.  However battery life for me is no better.  At this stage of the day, just home from work I should be over 50% battery.  I'm now at 43% with same usage.  I also mentioned above I've noticed quite a few slowdowns and stutters which wasn't there before and yes I factory reset and cleared the cache when I first installed.  

Sad to hear that. My experience with Oreo has been nothing but positive. Phone is smoother and faster and battery life improved in idle and in use. 

Mind you I'm using a stock-based ROM called DevBase from xda with the latest kernel (3.18.91) and the phone is now running the latest bootloader ERG7 and modem ERG2.

What kernel version is listed in your software information under about phone? 

Navigator

@Xsever wrote:

@dj1891 wrote:

Sad to hear that. My experience with Oreo has been nothing but positive. Phone is smoother and faster and battery life improved in idle and in use. 

Mind you I'm using a stock-based ROM called DevBase from xda with the latest kernel (3.18.91) and the phone is now running the latest bootloader ERG7 and modem ERG2.

What kernel version is listed in your software information under about phone? 

3.18.19-13895453-qb18810069

Explorer

@dj1891 wrote:

Are you sure it's 19 and not 91.

Mine is 3.18.91-13895453-QB18811252

Navigator

@Xsever wrote:

@dj1891 wrote:

Are you sure it's 19 and not 91.

Mine is 3.18.91-13895453-QB18811252

Yes 91 sorry

Apprentice

After the latest update G935FROM2ERG2, size 338.47 MB, I still have Cell standby drain my battery when 4G call is active and using mobile data.

Top Liked Authors