Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Navigator

@EngrMohsin wrote:

Bro i have managed this issue somehow, may it will help u, just follow the same step as I do. First do it soft reset(in setting) then after restarting just turn off the phone and go to recovery with keys(power volume up and and menu buttons at d same time) then clean the cache, and reset the device and again clean cache after that just hit the reboot button. Hope it will help help u but guys just follow the same pattern as i said. Thank u

I think there has already been someone that said that data reset won't work. If it worked out for you it's fine but we can't wipe our data any time Samsung can't do their work, also because a modem issue does not get fixed by data reset. And what a coincidence they always say to reset all data. Thanks anyway, maybe someone has time enough to try

Explorer

N

Explorer

I got a signal from my friend using UK EE that recent update PDA G930FXXU2ERG2 and CSC G930FEVR2ERG2 fixed this issue and it works better than first Oreo builds. Stay tuned for it on the rest of update channels.

Explorer

Great. Keep us updated.

Explorer
It was rolled out for the s7 edge in netherlands , i will try the modem only until full firmware for uk
Explorer
@EngrMohsin- I definetly did all of those things and nothing helped. Backed up everything too via Samsung account & Google and double checked at the Sprint store where they factory reset my phone and I still lost all kindsa stuff. Now my battery life is better than it was immediately after Oreo update but still not as good as it was on Nougat. The point is, we shouldn't have to do that. An update should bring improvements, not screw your phone up so much that you have to do a factory reset to get it to function half as well as it did prior to the update. I'm going to deal with this for as long as possible then going Pixel. Two weeks of this thread has taught me that Google is the solution. However, thank you for posting what helped you because it may help others!
Highlighted
Navigator

@dj1891 wrote:

Ah shame nothing for G935

@mite_jan wrote:

anybody on ee (UK) or from netherlands installed the new firmware with new security patches on the S7 ?
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7/SM-G930F/EVR/download/G930FXXU2ERG2/225743/

Yep, weird that update released for G930 only, but not for both G930 AND G935. I really hope that this is the long waited fix for us.

Explorer

It is released for s7 edge too

@SmashMix wrote:

@dj1891 wrote:

Ah shame nothing for G935

@mite_jan wrote:

anybody on ee (UK) or from netherlands installed the new firmware with new security patches on the S7 ?
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7/SM-G930F/EVR/download/G930FXXU2ERG2/225743/

Yep, weird that update released for G930 only, but not for both G930 AND G935. I really hope that this is the long waited fix for us.

Apprentice

I flashed G930FXXU2ERG2 yesterday and have been using it since yesterday 22:00h.

There is no cell drain I would say. Battery improved itself over night for approx. 25 %.

Screen time before this upgrade was 2,5h (I was using EREO modem), now I have 3h and 17% more.

It is S7 flat.

Apprentice
could you please give us a link for downloading it?
Did you just flash the modem file with odin?
Top Liked Authors