Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

Hi all, I'm writing from Italy.

I own an S7 flat no brand. Like most of you I experienced battery drain after updating to Oreo.

Many people on the Italian Samsung community have been talking about flashing the CP (modem/radio) with a previous version but according to my extensive tests that will NOT fix the issue.

Yeah it will show the correct % value for standby cell, but it won't actually change anything in terms of battery life.

The problem is somewhere else.

Having this said, battery life was about 24 hours + 8 in airplane mode with Nougat = 32 hours, and 14 hours + 8 in airplane mode = 22 with Oreo with same usage, battery saving ON, most of apps frozen in background, etc.

Cheers

ChrisM Moderator

Hi all. Just a quick word of caution that unofficial changes to your phone's software, may invalidate the 24 month Samsung Warranty on your phone.

Explorer

I live in Lebanon where you only offer 1 year of warranty, sadly. Can you make it two years like the rest of the world?

Explorer

Xsever your question has 2 problems: 1 is off-topic. 2 wrong continent.

Explorer

To all. If you rely on Samsung in solving the battery drain, good luck! Contacting Samsung support is useless. They are incompetent Flashing the modem won't help. Downgrade to Nougat is the only solution. Enjoy!

Highlighted
Explorer
I totally agree with you @Tecnico
Explorer

Well noted. Thank you for the clarification.

I just love how blazing quick Samsung is in reminding people that using "unofficial changes to the phone's software" will void the warranty while they are painfully slow in fixing a battery drain problem on 2-year old flagship phones. Honestly, these unofficial changes by forums like xda and the likes have been much faster than multi-billion $ Samsung in resolving issues with the rom, kernel, bootloader, and modem that Samsung is supposed to be responsible for.

Explorer

@

Navigator

Hi,

thats intersting. If you have same sot as with oreo with the same amoumt of hours in stand by.this means that this cell stand by drain is only an error in the battery statistics ? 

Really ??

regards

oliver

Explorer

Yes Oliver, it's just wrong statistics, which actually makes things even more complicated as the cause of battery drain remains unknown.

Top Liked Authors