Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer

Stop polluting the thread with whining and raging.

Read through the thread, Samsung is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

S9 got its patch, S7 didn't because it's last year's phone. This is how all hardware producers operate, assigning higher priority to higher paying customers. Welcome to capitalism.

Navigator

@srg-b wrote:

Stop polluting the thread with whining and raging.

Read through the thread, Samsung is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

S9 got its patch, S7 didn't because it's last year's phone. This is how all hardware producers operate, assigning higher priority to higher paying customers. Welcome to capitalism.

Its not even last years phone, its from 2016.  S8 still has to be fixed yet.

Apprentice

@WonderToy 

I think you're working for Samsung (or at Samsung)!

Apprentice

I also went back to Android 7.0 yesterday.
Knox is fine. Phone status is official,
There is only one problem: immediately after downgrade, the phone asks you to upgrade to Oreo again. You must disable auto-update in the settings then open settings> apps> show system apps> find "BadgeProvider" and force stop / clear data> restart phone. that's all. No more Oreo.
I downloaded Nougat firmware here https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
You can also find the instructions for downgrade on the page with your firmware.

Navigator

If you change the CSC you no longer get bugged to upgrade to Oreo.  I'm in the UK so I flashed BTU firmware which is unbranded, I then flashed the CSC from the UK EE ROM. Even if I go and search for updates nothing.  Of course if they ever fix Oreo i'll have to change the CSC back to the original to get the update.

Highlighted
Navigator

@WonderToy wrote:

Start Googling. There are Oreo Standby drain problem on S7, S8, S9, OnePlus devices, Sony devices etc. Grow up and stop whining. We need solution, not a bunch of crybabies crying over Samsung.

@dj1891 Name a single "non-dirty" company. I dare you. 

Deleted text about my wife's S8 (I forgot that her phone is connected to Wi-Fi almost all the time).

And yes, I have noticed according on Google search results that at least OnePlus has same battery drainage issue on Oreo.

But.. just my thoughts: Why would Google not fix this issue if it was Oreo OS related? Hello! OS is almost 1 year old already..! I guess that this "Oreo" issue is existing not only because of OS itself, but because of incompatibility of some manufacturer's hardware with Oreo OS or amateur codewriters and bad implementation on old hardware in case with S7s (or they are told to do it on purpose ). That's why not all phones with Oreo update are suffering from battery drainage etc.

Anyways we have three choices here:

1. Wait until official fix will be released and if it would.

2. Hope that some genius will cook the fix for us (someone from xda etc.) and we will be able to flash working OS on our phones, but very likely we will say goodbye to Samsung Pay (not even working here in Finland YET ), Pass and other stuff thanks to custom ROM.

3. Downgrade to Nougat

Navigator

I've mentioned before.  Its the first version of Oreo that's pushed to the manufacturer, it's often buggy.  Google fixes these bugs promptly on Pixel devices, Other manufacturers don't.  The solution is to not jump on the first release, let Pixel users be the testers for bugs Google will fix then other manufacturers can jump aboard.

@SmashMix wrote:

@WonderToy wrote:

Start Googling. There are Oreo Standby drain problem on S7, S8, S9, OnePlus devices, Sony devices etc. Grow up and stop whining. We need solution, not a bunch of crybabies crying over Samsung.

@dj1891 Name a single "non-dirty" company. I dare you. 

Deleted text about my wife's S8 (I forgot that her phone is connected to Wi-Fi almost all the time).

And yes, I have noticed according on Google search results that at least OnePlus has same battery drainage issue on Oreo.

But.. just my thoughts: Why would Google not fix this issue if it was Oreo OS related? Hello! OS is almost 1 year old already..! I guess that this "Oreo" issue is existing not only because of OS itself, but because of incompatibility of some manufacturer's hardware with Oreo OS or amateur codewriters and bad implementation on old hardware in case with S7s (or they are told to do it on purpose ). That's why not all phones with Oreo update are suffering from battery drainage etc.

Anyways we have three choices here:

1. Wait until official fix will be released and if it would.

2. Hope that some genius will cook the fix for us (someone from xda etc.) and we will be able to flash working OS on our phones, but very likely we will say goodbye to Samsung Pay (not even working here in Finland YET ), Pass and other stuff thanks to custom ROM.

3. Downgrade to Nougat

Explorer

nope.

And I agree with @srg-b. Stop polluting the thread with whining and raging.
Don't get emotional over some silly device.

First Poster

Gracias por tu aporte,¿que tal los cosumos y rendimiento del telefono ,son como antes de actualizar a 8.0?

Explorer

This is an international board, please speak in English.

Top Liked Authors