Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

First Poster

This is why I've ordered a OnePlus phone. Samsung have lost my business for good 

Explorer

Well, seems that OnePlus users have the same battery drain problem right now. Looks like it's Oreo issue.

Highlighted
Navigator

@KornelB @VSiam,

Have you already contacted them?

Navigator

Meanwhile:

I'm done factory reset just to test will it change anything. I'm still with EREO modem which I flashed few weeks before. I will report since I have some data.

Navigator

I will still keep monitoring this thread here, but this guy is saying that drain got fixed for him:

[QUOTE=Mort015;77027769]For BL/Modem Updates u can use odin if you have no root. If you have root then you can download the lastest BL_CP zip for S7/S7edge and simply flash it via TWRP. i got Android System Drain fixed by flashing TGP Kernel and. I also use ForceDoze app. My todays SOT is actually 5h 50min and i still have 24%. Standby Drain: Nothing🤗I think Android System drain is a Kernel relates issue bc on TGP Kernel i have only 13% of Android System drain. On MoroKernel i had around 35%-50%🙁... but with TGP Kernel all is fine for me. Whats your Device mate? Then i can give you all links to files bc i safed them in my Browser[/QUOTE]

@AntS probably someone out there will fix the issue faster than Samsung. In this case it's wise to take help from "outside of the house".

Apprentice

The only drainage I notice since update on my s7 edge was with location enabled. It would drain faster but not horrendous amount compared to Nougat when I had location on it did not drain hardly at all but Oreo it does. So now I have location and history turned off. With it off it does about what Nougat with battery but slightly better. My issue is with location now. I hope that would be solved in future.

Navigator

Just a thought, would switching to Wifi calling help with standby drain? I never use wifi calling to be honest.

Explorer

I did come back to nougat. It is possible when you pick the right 7.0 software - G935FXXU2DRB6 which includes new bootloader version (v2)

Apprentice

I am from Romania, and the Samsung Romania first time (first answer) they told me to reboot my phone. After I told them that I tried and did not work out, they did not even respond to my email.

Ok, @Samsung my next phone will be an Huawei, Xiaomi, LG etc. never, never, never I will not buy a Samsung.

Explorer
@ovidiul Do you realize that this is common Android Oreo problem and not Samsung bug?
Top Liked Authors