Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Explorer
Sounds like Apple now. This is why we've all bought Samsungs because we didn't wanna be scam victims like Apple users when they do the same thing. Now we're just like 'em. At least Apple admits to doing it.
First Poster

Samsung sends updates to damage mobile phones. whenever a new mobile phone comes out on the market.
Samsung sends new updates with bugs ... that make the phone block and warm up. the only way the phone to stay cold is to stop using it .. I bought new Samsung and for a year never warmed up and now in April came out a system update that put it extremely hot. in case of an accident and catch fire or endanger my life. the case will be serious. Please submit a new urgent update to fix the previous errors. Before it's too late.
  there because it has new phones in the market, customers do not need to buy. correct the error with urgency.

Before it is too late and endanger people's lives.
When the phone warms up the risk of catching fire is 95%.
So fix the error urgently

Explorer

Guys, I'm sick and tired of this issue, Samsung is making too many mistakes that are affecting the users, first battery that are a manace to the customers and now system updates that are making the top products unusable. 

I'll seriously consider changing the producers, either Huawei or HTC. Really serious about this, I'm sick and tired to wait until they will fix their *****ups.

Explorer

Dear Samsung,

Do you need f**ckup like Note 7 to do something faster? Or it's your just quick info for us: "gimme another 700$ for next gen flagship"?

Apprentice

I will just enjoy my s7 edge, when it does not even have this problem at all. I got the T-Mobile update on 6/29/2018 and it has been working just fine, with no issues as others have been saying on any thread about the Oreo update. Hard for me to feel the same pain, when I am not having it. I am not going to agree or join into the hate posts. I am just going to state the fact my phone is not having a problem, like this people griping. I love and happy to have the update to Oreo. Too bad Samsung just can't please everyone. These forums are like people that review movies on IMDB. Complainers.

Explorer

@utahman1971 wrote:

I will just enjoy my s7 edge, when it does not even have this problem at all. I got the T-Mobile update on 6/29/2018 and it has been working just fine, with no issues as others have been saying on any thread about the Oreo update. Hard for me to feel the same pain, when I am not having it. I am not going to agree or join into the hate posts. I am just going to state the fact my phone is not having a problem, like this people griping. I love and happy to have the update to Oreo. Too bad Samsung just can't please everyone. These forums are like people that review movies on IMDB. Complainers.

Are you a troll? I guess you are.

If Oreo has ben working great battery wise on your phone when comparing to Nougat then you're lucky, and we're not.

When you're paying 500-700$ for your device, barely 2 years old, and the update completely mess up your phone's battey life, you are entitled to complain. Good for you if it worked fine on your phone. As you said Samsung doesn't have to please everyone, just the people who bought these  phone (and I mean most of them).

Just look at how many are having the same problem. It's like a lottery winner saying to everyone you should not complain since "I've won and everything is great for me". Except this isn't a lottery, we all paid for the same thing here.

With these last sentences of yours you're basically complaning that people are complaning. You're a perfect fit for writing reviews on IMDB. Troll.

Highlighted
Navigator

Right folks, the solution for me was downgrade to the last version of Nougat.  I am amazed at the difference, On Oreo my phone used to die around 6pm, Now I go to bed at around 10pm and I have 20-30% left.  I also had to turn things like wifi off on Oreo when I wasn't using them just to extend battery life, on Nougat all is left on.

If you can, downgrade back to 7.0.  OK we shouldn't have to but hey at least you can on Samsung, on Apple when they do this kind of thing you're fcked as you can't downgrade.

Explorer
Yeah you right. I'm just not confident on how exactly to downgrade back to Nougat without losing everything. It's the same with everyone saying "do a factory reset". Uhhh....looks like it didn't help anyone who did it so what's the point? I'd totally go back to Nougat, but can you do it without "flashing the modem" and all this stuff that's a wii bit over my head? Lol
Navigator

Nope modem has to be flashed.  Its not a big thing to do.  When you download it you get 4 files, they go into the corresponding spots in Odin and away you go.

Explorer
Okay so still don't know how to do it though. And update: now my phone randomy restarts. Since I've updated to Oreo maybe a week and a half ago, my phone has restarted randomly (both while using it and while it was charging overnight). Add this to the massive battery depletion and losing all custom text alerts, I'd really like to go back to Nougat. Honestly I'd be delighted to go back to frikkin KitKat.
Top Liked Authors