Support

Open search

Cell Standby/Android System/Google Play Services battery drain for Oreo on S7

Observer

Cell standby drain is huge on my S7 flat with latest official Oreo updates. 

Screenshot_20180630-171823_Settings.jpg

See screenshot attached.

Samsung, please fix.

Highlighted
First Poster
No mate się is scrap everyday I try switch off this this nothing help....battery I scrap.... I must buy Powerbank 20000mah from 6 am to 11 am battery from 100 to 30 so Samsung pissoff for all customers not good
Navigator

*deleted*

Navigator

@mite_jan wrote:
Open odin 3 flash modem and bootloader only , 5 minutes

Why should BT (bootloader) be flashed along with CP (modem/radio module)? Is it enough to flash CP only?
Do these manipulations affect the "cell standby battery drain"? Can anyone confirm that flashing modem from newer ROM fixes the issue?

Explorer

@SmashMix that might work too
i have flashed them both and adios battery drain

Navigator

@mite_jan wrote:

I have flashed both BL and CP also. Now I'm charging the phone and will test is the issue gone or not.

First Poster
its gone or not?
Navigator

@Nimkat-77 wrote:
its gone or not?

I can't say anything yet. Few days of normal use needed to make any conclusions.

Navigator

@SmashMix wrote:

@mite_jan wrote:

I have flashed both BL and CP also. Now I'm charging the phone and will test is the issue gone or not.

I decided to flash original ERE8 (Nordic countries (NEE); G935FXXU2ERE8) bootloader (BL) and left EREO (G935FXXU2EREO) modem (CP) for tests. With BL from ERF4 (G935FXXU2ERF4; same ROM as where EREO modem is) Samsung Pass, Pay and Health applications were complaining about "custom OS" and saying that phone was supposedly customized and has SuperSU rights (gentle hint like I have rooted device which is not a true).

Will see if only EREO modem will fix that cell standby issue. I will report the results after few days.

Explorer

@SmashMix you can see that the cell standby increases very slowly now 1h maybe 5mah
before it was draining a lot

so are you now on older ere8 bootloader but newer modem ereo?

Top Liked Authors