Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change ringtone

(Topic created on: 08-05-2017 06:16 PM)
BrandyAlexander
First Poster
Options

When I go to set an alarm or ringtone on my J3 I can only choose from my Google Drive, and even then these won't work and it goes to the default tone. What can I do to change this so I can use downloaded music or Google Drive files? 

Go to solution
67 REPLIES 67
roneytut
First Poster
Options

Thanks AG - this helped me. It turned out that I had Total Commander as the default file viewer. In the Apps I selected it and was able to Reset Defaults and now the picker appears.

0 Likes
patricia008
First Poster
Options
This has just started happening to me. Before I could I could change/choose a different ringtone for contacts. Now when I try to change ANY ringtone it asked for me to choose where I'd be getting them from. By accident I choose 'picker'. Now I have no choice. In the files available in picker there is obviously not the list for all the ringtones that came with my phone. There is just files I have on my phone. I don't want them as ringtones. I don't want to reset as I see for others is still didn't work, but also it still will not allow me to choose from the original ringtones that were in my phone.

Another problem: I had my ringtone set to 'silent'. When a call comes in I don't hear it. That was to ignore all the spam/scam callers. I would choose a ringtone for my contacts. I just added a contact and now can't give them a ringtone.

This is a problem. I can't figure out how to overcome it or override any choices my phone now gives me, so I'm at the mercy of my phone. If I get another one it won't be samsung. This is not right
0 Likes
buss1
First Poster
Options

This is the answer!!!!!  Select your ringtone and use the left arrow ( top left corner) and it will save and work.

0 Likes
phoenixmoon
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem.  i have a ringtone i've used for years, but my A20 will not allow it.  it is in the mp3 format

i also do not get a + at the bottom of the media file.

Jimt
First Poster
Options
Went through the steps but still no Add Ringtone button.
0 Likes
Nawas_07
First Poster
Options

Hi Friend,

Yes i got it, i just reset app preferences and added external ringtone  through sound picker,  all set, problem solved, Now i can customise my ringtones based on my aspirations, Thanks to the same query u asked in this thread that i cant get resolution all those days, Have a good day.

0 Likes
Hannah9
First Poster
Options

Honestly i feel your pain cuz it keeps going to same ringtone no matter what i do when you figure this out lmk 

0 Likes
aolbfs
First Poster
Options

I use a Galaxy A12 with Android 11. Since installing the June 22 security update, I find that I cannot assign individual alarm tones in the clock app. If I change the tone in one alarm, all alarms set then also use the selected tone, even though I want to use different ones. I deleted all my alarms and set them up anew, but the same problem persists - the first selected alarm tone is set for all alarms already set up. Can anyone help resolve this?

0 Likes