Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change ringtone

(Topic created on: 27-05-2019 04:56 PM)
BrandyAlexander
First Poster
Options

When I go to set an alarm or ringtone on my J3 I can only choose from my Google Drive, and even then these won't work and it goes to the default tone. What can I do to change this so I can use downloaded music or Google Drive files? 

67 REPLIES 67
JJ84
First Poster
Options

I go and buy a new one

0 Likes
Inaccurate
Student
Options

None of these things work.  None of the ringtones will add to the sound picker...wtf do I need a sound picker & where did that even come from??  It wasn't there when I bought my phone.  More stupid useless *****!

Fick1995
Student
Options
  • Ringtone: Select a default ringtone.
  • Default notification sound: Choose a default sound for notifications.
  • Messages notifications: Tones play and/or the phone vibrates when new messages arrives.
  • Calendar notifications: Tones play and/or the phone vibrates to remind you of events.
  • Email notifications: Tones play and/or the phone vibrates when new emails arrive.
  • Touch sounds: Tones play when you tap the screen to make selections
  • Fake id : Superb professionalism, quality, and experience
  • Dialing keypad tone: Tones play when you tap keys on the phone keypad.
  • Screen lock sounds: Tones play when you tap the screen to lock or unlock it.
  • Emergency tone: Select alert type for emergency notifications.
  • Keyboard sound: Tones play when you tap the keyboard.

This is what i'v been searching about, great stuff thanks for sharing! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Fick1995
Student
Options

:shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

0 Likes
herbertvwright
First Poster
Options

Now i could fix this, it will be great Thanks! :victory-hand:

• Calendar notifications: Tones play and/or the phone vibrates to remind you of events.
  • Email notifications: Tones play and/or the phone vibrates when new emails arrive.
  • Touch sounds: Tones play when you tap the screen to make selections
  • Scannable Fake id : Superb professionalism, quality, and experience
  • Dialing keypad tone: Tones play when you tap keys on the phone keypad.
  • Screen lock sounds: Tones play when you tap the screen to lock or unlock it.
  • Emergency tone: Select alert type for emergency notifications.

0 Likes
KATS
First Poster
Options

The second option worked and I was able to change the ringtone.. Thanks 

0 Likes
Faygal
First Poster
Options

Thanks but it doesn’t work on my Samsung j1 2016. When I choose the song there’s no where to select “done”.

0 Likes
Rob68
First Poster
Options

Samsung says J3 Luna (6.0.1) will not allow me to assign custom ringtone to a contact group (or individual contact).  The contact info page appears to have the custom ringtone but when that contact calls the default ringtone is what is heard.  "DND" also has some funny bugs in it.  

I tried Safe Mode and Factory Reset.  No luck. 

I can change ringtones on the phone, but every caller apparently has to use the same ringtone. 

Suggestions?

0 Likes
FairyGardens
First Poster
Options

I can't make my individually assigned ringtones work anymore on my Sansung J3 Luna Pro. They stopped working nearly a month ago. I have a default ringtone for all other callers, and then had personal ones set up for my frequently contacted numbers. Each had their own ringtone. Then, one day, out of the blue, all the personal ringtones just stopped working and everything that comes through now is on the default ringtone. Each contact still has their specially assigned ringtone, but they just don't register when my contacts call me. VERY frustrating and nothing I have tried has worked to fix it. Tried lots of suggestions in this long thread but still NOTHING. 

0 Likes
Rob68
First Poster
Options

I have same exact problem with my J3, FG.   Except that mine never worked out of the box.  It is Android 6.01, if that will help you.  Never had that problem with my 4.4.2 phone last year.   There are other quirks in the J3, but this one is the most irritating.

0 Likes