Support

Open search

Can I buy US samsung galaxy S8 and use it normally in Europe

SOLVED

Hello all. 

I am visiting usa in few weeks and wanted to buy samsung galaxy s8+/s9 from there and later use it in my country with my carrier . 

Is this possible at all ? I am not sure what's the situation with sim card and network . Also I know that us version has a a different processor than the eu version . Is that a problem ?

I have the galaxy s 8 and I have traveled to different countries with it and used their sim cards there with no problem . But I bought the phone in europe / bulgaria .

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi

Yes the phone will be equipped to work in most countries as it'll support most network frequencies and bands. 

To be safe id Google the ones your home network uses and double check on the phones specs. 

When you buy it use a local sim to help with the region lock. 

Also then try your own sim in it to ensure it accepts it as not all phones are unlocked to all networks unless bought direct from Samsung. 

The phone will have that countries firmware version on it and its own CsC Code. 

The different chipsets wont cause any issues. 

Check out Samsung's 24 month manufacturing warranty just to ensure they'll provide service for an imported phone model. 

Some features such as Samsung Pay not work. I found this out when I became interested in a Samsung Note Fe and was looking to import one into the Uk. 

Personally I will only buy one.from my own.countries sources to stop any compatatibility issues etc. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi

Yes the phone will be equipped to work in most countries as it'll support most network frequencies and bands. 

To be safe id Google the ones your home network uses and double check on the phones specs. 

When you buy it use a local sim to help with the region lock. 

Also then try your own sim in it to ensure it accepts it as not all phones are unlocked to all networks unless bought direct from Samsung. 

The phone will have that countries firmware version on it and its own CsC Code. 

The different chipsets wont cause any issues. 

Check out Samsung's 24 month manufacturing warranty just to ensure they'll provide service for an imported phone model. 

Some features such as Samsung Pay not work. I found this out when I became interested in a Samsung Note Fe and was looking to import one into the Uk. 

Personally I will only buy one.from my own.countries sources to stop any compatatibility issues etc. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors