Support

Open search

Camera shutter sound

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello , just got a new S7 Edge  -  how do I turn off the shutter sound when I take a picture ? Irritating beyond belief !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

I'm not sure if it's anything to do with privacy laws in certain countries but I've not yet come across a way in the cameras settings to do this. 

The two ways I've found are to either turn sound off in the pull down notification shade or turn the volume down using the volume rocker switch on the side @SueL

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

I'm not sure if it's anything to do with privacy laws in certain countries but I've not yet come across a way in the cameras settings to do this. 

The two ways I've found are to either turn sound off in the pull down notification shade or turn the volume down using the volume rocker switch on the side @SueL

Current Phone ~

Apprentice
Hello , thank you for this ! My system volume is always muted , but seems to have slightly raised itself when I took the photo - maybe it's because of these privacy laws ( which do make sense !) and it knows when the camera app is launched !! Anyway cheers, I'll keep an eye on it !
Superuser I
Superuser I

You’re welcome. 

You could look at other Camera Apps. 

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Explorer
like which camera app which is free and not full of Ads ?
Top Liked Authors