Support

Open search

Blank horizontal lines

First Poster

Hi i have a samsung galaxy s7 edge

. This morning all of sudden it appeared with blank horizontal lines across my phone how do i fix this..please help

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Bij

I've seen this before which is a hardware issue. 

In the interim if you turn up the screen brightness it should alleviate the issue. 

In in the long term you’ll need to either ask Samsung to arrange to send it to a repair centre or find your most local Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

The Manufacturing Warranty of 24 Months should cover this unless it’s got visible signs of an accidental drop or water damage. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
CarolinaW Moderator

Hey @Bij! Let's do some troubleshooting with you! Is your phone screen cracked or smashed? Is it still responsive? Let's run a service test. Type *#0*# into the dial pad and try the Green, Blue and Red tests. Are the lines still appearing during these tests?:robothappy:

First Poster

Hi. No my screen is not cracked or smashed. I did the service test green red blue test and yes i can still see the lines on it.

Please advice.

Thank you

Superuser I
Superuser I

If it’s something similar to this picture then your display needs replacing as it’s a hardware issue that’s known about by Samsung. 

5DD9D1C8-1339-4D1E-A313-6FF8FF2D96BC.jpeg

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors