Support

Open search

Black screen with blu light after latest update

First Poster

This mornign I woke up and my phone said the latest has been installed during the night (Android 7)

3 hour later out of nowhere my phone screen turned black and only the little blue light is on.

IMPOSSIBLE to turn it back on!

I have tried everything

- Power + volume down
- Power + volume up

- Power + volume up + volume down
etc.. 

This CANNOT be a coincidence. my phone is only 2 year old and was working perfectly, never fell down. literaly perfect.

The new update probably broke my phone. What do I do now??

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

As your unable to access the phone @Fazoula via its settings and I think you've tried a Hard Reset by pressing a set sequence of buttons while the phone is Off I'd suggest to visit your most local Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Location. 

To find out how to Hard Reset a phone please Google Hard Reset  followed by the make and model of the phone. 

Explain it looks like the update has glitched. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Hi,

I have already tried a Hard reset. For the S6 it is "Power + Volume down" for 10 sec. I have done for like 30sec, still nothing.

I have waited overnight and the blue light when off (phone ran out of battery?) I have then charged it for 20min and by oressing buttons the blue light came back on. but still no screen.....

I'm bringing it to the neareset store now but this is NOT acceptable, Samsung is totally responsible here for destroying my phone and all the photo and data on it.

Superuser I
Superuser I

I appreciate your unimpressed with the situation @Fazoula but technology can and will fail. 

To add balance I've owned various Android devices over the years and am yet to encounter a problem with a firmware update.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors