Support

Open search

Bixby message pop up on lock screen

Highlighted
First Poster

I’m hoping someone can help me out!  I keep getting a pop up when my screen is locked saying ‘bixby voice not yet set up, to use bixby voice unlock phone then press bixby key again to start setup’ but it does it by itself and appears like every 10 seconds (I wish that was an exaggeration) and is draining my battery!

Any ideas how to stop it? I tried to set it up then it changed to the bixby symbol and was listening to me every 10 seconds instead of the above message!

I feel like I’ve tried everything. It only does it when the screen is locked, apart from then, no issues.

Please help, driving me insane!!!

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL Moderator
@Notaclue: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your device, and I will look into this for you.
First Poster

Thank you!! It’s a Samsung s8 and Android version 9

CarlH Moderator

Thanks @Notaclue. Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're seeing? 

First Poster

20191110_210057.jpg

This is the message but I deleted the Bixby voice. When I actually set it up it changes from this to the letter b and listens instead so either way set up or not it wont stop constantly activating by itself

First Poster

I even tried remapping the key to something other than Bixby but this message is still appearing even with the change 🤷‍♀️ I just dont understand what's going on. Bixby is determined to destroy me ha

Top Liked Authors