Support

Open search

Are retail note 8 screen 30 percent less bright than the demo units in store or did I get a lemon?

Explorer

Ok guys I had my note 8 screen replaced for burn in.then they damaged the rear glass .then Samsung replaced the glass.then today was in the phone shop and noticed the demo units were 30 percent brighter than my note 8.both the demo unit and my phone were on full brightness with auto off.and both on adaptave mode.so I lowered the demo units screen brightness down 30 percent and my note 8 screen was then around the same brightness. So I tested all the demo phones and they all were 30 percent brighter .so i put my phone in performance mode to get the added 10 percent brightness but the demo units are still around 30 percent brighter than mine.i went in 5 stores today and checked them all.same thing the demo units 30 percent brighter.than mine.so question is did Samsung throttle the screen brightness on one of the latest updates?did I get a lemon ?and can anyone else tell me if you have compared your note 8 screen brightness to demo units .was you retail phone as bright as the demo?

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

What did the store staff say when you were trying out your experiment. 

As far as im aware the retail demo models brightness should not be any different to yours. 

The firmware on the retail models is Samsung Demo Firmware so some features might be De Activated. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

The staff did not even notice me comparing my phone to the demo units .I did not speak to them.so you say my phone should be 30 percent brighter than it currently is to mach all the demo phones?if that's true thanks for letting me know I'll be sending it back to Samsung yet again for another screen replacemt 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Personally i would have spoken to the staff. 

They have the phones on max brightness to showcase the phones screen. 

I would not think that their display models would be brighter or this could instigate a glut of returns by eagle eyed owners. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

I didn't get my phone from the store I got it from my carrier. I was only in the store to compare my replacemt screen to the store units.and mine is 30 percent less bright on max brightness .

Explorer
  1. Phoned samsung and told them my screen brightness is not as bright as it should be .they are collecting the phone for the 4th time to fix.i bet they wont evem change anything and it will come back factory reset and the screen will still be not bright
Top Liked Authors