Support

Open search

Android Nougat Battery Life

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm still on the Nougat Beta on my regular S7, but recently by battery has been atrocious, especially standby battery life. If my phone is at 100% when I go to sleep, it's around 50% when I wake in the morning. It used to be around 3% overnight drain. It's also just as bad during the day, draining around 15-20% per hour when not in use.

I have disabled all features I do not use, cleared Play services cache, cleared the general cache. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
AntS Moderator

Hi @M4T2009. :smileyhappy:

Have you tried booting it into Recovery Mode, and then wiping the cache partition to clear any old bits of data that may be hanging around there?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer

Hi AntS,

Yes, I have tried that on a couple of occasions and it doesn't really help much unfortunately. 

Normally , Android OS, Android System and Device Idle are accounting for most of my battery usage, with screen on time being around 1 hour 30 mins. 

AntS Moderator

What locating method are you using on the phone? Settings > Privacy and Safety > Location > Locating Method.

Explorer
I'm using 'battery saving' (wifi and mobile networks)
AntS Moderator

Try 'GPS Only'; and also only enable Wi-Fi and Mobile Data when you need to use it - and then monitor it for a bit. This'll help narrow down whether it's fluctuations in the signal that's tugging on the things you mentioned above and causing that power drain.

Top Liked Authors