Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 Q - Galaxy Note 8

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 12:46 AM)
aminocel
Explorer
Options

Despite this subject is still in development. There are some websites listing the Samsung Phones that will be compatible with Android 10 Q, which will probably arrive at autumn 2019. The Galaxy Note 8, is still one powerfull phone, surely capable of running Android 10 without a problem, but it's still not yet on the lists. 

I would like to know if Samsung has plans to include the Note 8 to be able to run Android 10, and if not, what would be the reason to not include it.

Here is a list that you can find on some websites...

Galaxy Fold
Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+
Galaxy S9/S9+
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A9 (2018)
Galaxy A7 (2018)
Galaxy A6 (2018)/A6+ (2018)
Galaxy A80
Galaxy A70
Galaxy A50
Galaxy A40
Galaxy A30
Galaxy A20
Galaxy A20e
Galaxy A10
Galaxy J6/J6+
Galaxy J8/J8+
Galaxy M10
Galaxy M20
Galaxy M30
Galaxy Tab S4
Galaxy Tab S5e
Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)
Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018)

Regards,

57 REPLIES 57
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
-Google-Pixel
-Apple-IPhone
-Samsung- 3Major Updates in 2years (incl. Out of the Box sw) with 3-4 Years Security patching.

Other than that Rooting.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT AND IT IS NOT COVERED BY WARANTY AS WELL, TALKING ABOUT IT HERE IS FORBIDDEN AS WELL.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
aminocel
Explorer
Options

I'm still upset!!!.

Note 8 was released on August the 23rd 2017 (2 years, not everywhere worldwide) off course, I bought it later (One year later 2018) And now we have Note 9 (Almost the same hardware) and 10 (We are not in 2020 yet)... and guess what?... your Note 8 is.... O B S O L E T E, let me say that again.... O . B . S . O . L . E . T . E

What phone do you have? .. I have a .... Samsung O B S O L E T E  Phone.....

DaveC99218
Apprentice
Options

While getting my Samsung phones for free from the device insights program, I was willing to tolerate Samsung's upgrade idiocy. Now that the device insights program has been monetized I'll be moving to a Pixel or back to Apple...

Caesar0571
First Poster
Options
Google Pixels
Jack30
Journeyman
Options

Samsung note 8 I paid 700 euros last year and it is not updated to android 10 !!!? WILL BE MY LAST SAMSUNG !!! I LOVE ALSO TO GOOGLE PIXELS !!!

Dylanh724
First Poster
Options

Note 8 user here. This phone is more powerful than some of the cheapo phones on that list. When I paid $1000 for it, it better dang well last an extra year of support. To deprecate it as fast as a cheapo phone is an insult to all your customers. Not to mention always being the last phone to be updated. Even HTC updates came faster!! Looks like Pixel, it is. 

Peatfreak
Apprentice
Options

I totally agree, this will probably be my last Samsung if there is no upgrade to Android 10 for my Samsung Note 8

SteveHK
First Poster
Options

I've been using Note8 since it was released, and I used to tell my friends I love the phone very much.  I think I need to tell my friends now that I regretted I am a Samsung user because I have a Samsung obsolete phone in less than 2 years!

kakavl2010
First Poster
Options

I think i should switch to Google Pixel or iPhone.
You make me to upgrade my phone after years ? No way :))
My money is not to waste !!!

darren_yuri
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Note FE still running smoothly. I believe it can run Android 10 too. 
But why Samsung still want to be stubborn with this 2 years support policy? 

So when I get S/Note series it will not get any updates after 2 years? 
This sucks. I thought they can do something better for us.