Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm will not dismiss by pressing on screen button

(Topic created on: 04-04-2019 08:04 PM)
Maltz5
First Poster
Options

I have an S8plus and since the pie update when my alarm goes off i cannot dismiss it by pressing the button on screen. Snooze button works fine but not dismiss. It is the same for calendar reminders. I cannot dismiss from the screen

6 REPLIES 6
Luke22
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem on my S9+. Every update screws up somethining else. I'll never get a samsung again. And now my battery is draining fast. 

DannyT
Options
Hi guys.

Have you tried swiping to the right to turn it off? This was changed to stop you accidentally turning the alarm off!

Welcome to the Community!

AnnieBaba
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I had the same problem with my alarm and my calendar notifications today. I am a brand new Samsung user. I hope it works tomorrow morning. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Dannyisanidiot
First Poster
Options

How stupid of me not to realise that the BUTTON on the screen doesn't work by pressing it. I should have realised that swiping right was the thing to do, especially as there isn't any visual cue to suggest this as a course of action 

AntS
Options

@Dannyisanidiot wrote:

How stupid of me not to realise that the BUTTON on the screen doesn't work by pressing it. I should have realised that swiping right was the thing to do, especially as there isn't any visual cue to suggest this as a course of action 

First time I used it on my S10 recently I didn't know how to stop the alarm either, but managed it after an initial fumble whilst I was still half asleep and my mind pleading "Pleeeease make it STOP!"

I'm guessing that DannyT's post kinda stuck somewhere in my subconcious. One of the reasons why I like Community and folks sharing their wisdom big and small.  :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

CatManDo
First Poster
Options

That button that the surrounding highlight that grows larger the longer you hold it, but doesn't shut off the alarm. I'll try the swipe right, cool. I have an A13 5G.

0 Likes