Support

Open search

Ads

SOLVED
Apprentice

Just started getting ads on my phone and don't seem to be able to stop them... anyone have any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Hi mate yes only way is to factory reset then reinstall apps... touch wood it's not happened since

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Graeme2711

Unwanted ad pop ups are usually the result of a third party app. If you have recently installed an app then I'd recommend removing it and you should find that the ads no longer show up.
Apprentice

Thanks Andrew I've deleted most recent apps but still getting ads I'm thinking an updated app may be causing 

AndrewL Moderator
A good way to gauge if a third party app is responsible is to restart the phone in Safe Mode as this temporarily disables all third party content. Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the device logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
Apprentice
Thanks will try that
Highlighted
Navigator

what was last app u installed proir to the ads starting?  Uninstall 1 by 1 til they stop.

Make a note of each app to reinstall those who are ok

AntS Moderator

Hi @Graeme2711. Any joy for you with this one?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Hi mate yes only way is to factory reset then reinstall apps... touch wood it's not happened since

AntS Moderator

Glad to hear you got it sorted! 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Observer

I have just recently found out it is Google doing the pop up ads all over my phone. Galaxy S9+

They show one option to stop it and you have to pay for it. 

Top Liked Authors