Support

Open search

Adding photos to my contacts

SOLVED
First Poster

How do I do this on s8? When I go to contacts app and edit contact there is no option to add photo.  Maybe it's not possible to do this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

Not sure if you already discovered the answer to your question. I came upon this thread trying to find the answer to the same question. If you already have a photo assigned to the contact you will need to delete the existing photo in the contact it is assigned to. When you do that the camera comes on. To the right of that is the symbol for your gallery. Hope this helps. 

Hello, I think the issue is that the contact needs to be saved on the phone in order to set up a photo for it. Had the same problem. Cheers!

10 REPLIES 10
Pathfinder
Hi,

Open your Contacts app.
Choose the contact you wish to edit.
Tap on that particular contact to view it's details.
Choose the Edit option from the upper right hand corner.
Once inside the Edit mode for that contact please tap on the round symbol with the camera in its centre.
The camera app should then automatically launch.
Tap on the Gallery icon from the bottom right of your camera app.
Go through the images saved in your phones Gallery and select a photo to attach to that contact.
Repeat to edit your other contacts.
My Current Phone > Samsung Galaxy s7 edge SM-G935F. {XEU}
First Poster

That's the problem- there is no round symbol with a camera on it.  . What am I doing wrong?

First Poster

Not sure if you already discovered the answer to your question. I came upon this thread trying to find the answer to the same question. If you already have a photo assigned to the contact you will need to delete the existing photo in the contact it is assigned to. When you do that the camera comes on. To the right of that is the symbol for your gallery. Hope this helps. 

First Poster

I also cannot add photo to contacts

Hello, I think the issue is that the contact needs to be saved on the phone in order to set up a photo for it. Had the same problem. Cheers!

First Poster

I did that, but there's no symbol for the Gallery. 

The only option I seem to have is to take a photo with the phone's camera.

I have a Samsung S8+ with an up to date OS.

First Poster

When the screen comes up to take a photo there is a row of icons right underneath  it is the yellow flower icon, it is the first icon on the left20180819_223347.jpg

Hi. I got solution to this. Import your contact from sim to an account you signed in or your samsung account(preffered to use Google account) , then again open the details of contact and you would be able to see the round camera button. Tap on that button and select the picture for that contact from gallery.

What I had to do is delete the contact (if you have messages with them then those messages will still be there. But copy their number just in case.) And create a new one.

Top Liked Authors