How do I do this on s8? When I go to contacts app and edit contact there is no option to add photo. Maybe it's not possible to do this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
None of the information provided is really helpful and avoids the real issue here. It's really easy to load photos onto contacts on a Samsung S8. The first thing to realise is that the contacts list is listed in 2 forms; one list the SIM card and another on the phone. You can only load photos to your contacts on the phone list which are then automatically transferred, though not immediately, to your SIM card list. To load photos to your contacts do the following:-
1) Go to your apps list on the opening screen and choose "contacts".
2) The 3rd line down will tell you if you are viewing the "SIM card" or "Phone" list; you need the phone list NOT the SIM card list. If you are on the phone list ignore 3)
3) Select phone list by touching the 3 horizontal bars on the left hand side, 2nd line down, you will see the SIM card selection highlighted in orange; touch the line above it labelled "phone". This will take you back to your contacts list and you will see that the 3rd line down reads "phone" because you are now on the "phone" list.
4) Select the name from your contacts list to which you wish to attach a photo.
5) You will see a circle above the name with a camera logo; press on it.
6) You will then see 3 choices; a list of cartoon emojis on the first line, and a choice of "camera" or "gallery" on the second line.
7) You can either choose "camera" where it will take an instant photo and attach it or "gallery" where you can select a photo from there.
8) Choose the photo you wish to attach and then touch "done" and then "save". Close the app and reopen it and you'll find it's there!
TO CHANGE A PHOTO ON YOUR CONTACTS LIST
9) Select the contact you wish to change.
10) Touch "edit" in the middle of the bottom of the screen.
11) Make sure you are on the "phone " list and NOT the SIM card list. If you are on the SIM card list you will see a choice of 3 options at the top of the screen; "phone", SIM card" & "Google"; touch "phone".
12) Touch the photo you wish to change.
13) Select your choice of photo as described in 7) in the previous list.
Not sure if you already discovered the answer to your question. I came upon this thread trying to find the answer to the same question. If you already have a photo assigned to the contact you will need to delete the existing photo in the contact it is assigned to. When you do that the camera comes on. To the right of that is the symbol for your gallery. Hope this helps.
I did that, but there's no symbol for the Gallery.
The only option I seem to have is to take a photo with the phone's camera.
I have a Samsung S8+ with an up to date OS.
Hi. I got solution to this. Import your contact from sim to an account you signed in or your samsung account(preffered to use Google account) , then again open the details of contact and you would be able to see the round camera button. Tap on that button and select the picture for that contact from gallery.
What I had to do is delete the contact (if you have messages with them then those messages will still be there. But copy their number just in case.) And create a new one.