Support

Open search

Adding Dyxlexie font to all devices

Apprentice

Hi everyone,

Some of you might know the feeling, unable to read properly everything on your phone? I was wondering if there's a chance of adding the new open source font automatically on all Samsung devices? The font Dyslexie (I need to check it four times every time I need to write that lol). What are your thoughts? 

8 REPLIES 8
Superuser I
Superuser I

I have good and bad news. The good news is:
Its possible.

The bad news:
Its quite hard. If you have the font files you can install it though the following manual:
https://www.teamandroid.com/2018/05/31/install-custom-fonts-samsung-phones/

Its not officially supported by Samsung  

Apprentice

Yeah, just wondering if it can be added to a future update. Have it already in the phone so you can change it under settings. Just to make life easier and not having to download from external sources.  

Superuser I
Superuser I

Sounds like a great idea, giving people to use fonts that they like can have major accessibility benefits.

Of course it's understandable if Samsung decides to only support the official fonts 😉

TracyR Moderator

Hey @SjorsK and @Chi23

I think it's a great idea, so I've let our R&D guys know that there's interest in this, and asked if it's a possibility in the future!

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Apprentice

That would be awesome! It is definitely something that will be used by a lot of people. Fingers crossed it appears in some future update 

TracyR Moderator

Hey @Chi23 and @SjorsK

The R&D team have let me know that they've forwarded the idea to our HQ! 

Hopefully I'll have some good news for you soon. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Apprentice
Omg! That's awesome! Keeping fingers crossed
ChrisM Moderator

Hi all.

A nice little update on this from our developers!:

"Good news: the developers will review adding the new font on the device. But in order to add new font they need to review technical aspects, design aspects, device optimization, and language coverage. They will review how they can add font considering these aspects."

Top Liked Authors