Support

Open search

Access to Samsung Contacts List

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi

I have a number of Samsung devices and notice that my Samsung contacts list on my new Galaxy A5 are not the same as the Google list.

I can easily update the google contacts on my Laptop and they are amended on all my devices using Google.  However, I cannot see any way of accessing my Samsung contacts list to update it nor to stop it appearing on my phone.

Can anyone explain how I may access this Samsung list to amend it or replace it with my list from Google.

Eric

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @EricG-38

In using a Samsung s8. 

Im not sure what you mean by Samsung Contacts list. 

I use the stock Samsung Contacts App and gmail and Google Contacts. 

Can you perhaps screen shot and upload here into your thread on what you are seeing ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Apprentice

Screenshot_20171120-132932.jpg

Screenshot of contacts showing the Samsung heading. If opened up with drop down arrow two of my contacts are missing and with no facilty to add them.  I have no idea why Samsung should hold my contacts somewhere; it doesn't happen with my wife using the exact same model phone (her Samsung Contacts are shown as having (0) entries.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @EricG-38

Thank you for your screen shot. 

I would suggest that you edit out your email address information however.  

I personally very rarely look at the Group page on my s8. 

If it helps this is how mine looks. 

IMG_20171122_055232.jpg

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Apprentice

Can't see how to do this. Help!

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Edit your post by hitting the little dots in fhe fh top corner of your post and remove the photo. 

Then use a photo editing app like aviary to blur out your info and then re post it. 

If its past the time window you can edit your post then hit the inappropriate button and ask the moderators to remove it. 

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Apprentice

I havbe altered the image and now have two.  I have no means of editing on the web as this is being done on a PC.  I cannot see a way to delete the image I don't want and leave the new one which was edited on my PC.

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@EricG-38: Deleted the image both from the post and your profile. :robothappy:

@BandOfBrothers: Thanks for flagging this one for us! :robothappy::heart:

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I am still wanting to find out where this Samsung Contacts List is held and how I can edit it.  Can anyone help me with this?

i am thinking that it might be related to an older Samsung phone that I had and which I used the Kies software to access the phone and make backups.  I no longer have the phone and have uninstalled Kies so if that is the reason where is this backed up Contacts List held?

The reason I need to access this Samsung contacts list is that it makes my phone contacts different from my messages and contacts list, which is very strange to say the least.

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@EricG-38: Unsure how it happened, but at some point it looks like you selected your Samsung Account to save contacts: that's where those other contacts are stored.

If you go into the the details of the contact itself, under "Connected via" it'll tell you whether it's stored on the device, SIM, Google Account, Samsung Account etc:

Contacts.JPG

(Click into "Connected via" to bring up more than the icon of where the contact is stored.)

Once identified, you'll be able delete those contacts stored in your Samsung Account from your phone. However, before doing so, make sure the contact isn't also linked to your Google Account as it'll delete it from there too.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors