Support

Open search

A5 2017 slow wifi

Apprentice

Hello,

I just bought a new Galaxy A5 2017, it works perfectly fine and everything. and my home wifi is fine also, how ever, at school, the wifi network is so slow that it's not loading anything. I saw the thread about the wifi issue, i tried all the solutins and it did not work. If you could please help me.

Thank you,

9 REPLIES 9
Superuser I
Superuser I
I use the Samsung Galaxy s8 and experience pretty much the same.

Wifi speeds on my Home Broadband Wifi are fast and stable when connected to my s8.

Wifi connection between my s8 and my workplace wifi is slow.

I also find the same sometimes in places like coffee shops.

As you state your phone is performing fine elsewhere so I wouldn't think your phone is at issue.

It could be the nature of public wifi and the amount of people connected to it.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

But all other smartphones work fine, it's only my galaxy phone that has this problem, so how can it be attributed to the public wifi?

Superuser I
Superuser I

Your home wifi is typically only connected to by you , your devices etc. 

Public wifi is is connected to by lots more people who are probably doing highly data intensive things. Public wifi is stretched out more over a wider area and the public wifi may have somehow been adjusted to be slower. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

Yes, but none of these people have a problem with the connection, no one has complained before. It might be slow sometimes but not to the point that nothing is working. I can't use the smartphone in my school anymore as nothing loads up, this is super inconvenient.

Superuser I
Superuser I
As your WiFi is fine at home and everything else works ok I can only think the phone isn't for some reason liking the WiFi connection at your school. You could speak to the schools IT Department.

Some phones can tend to work differently in the way to connectivity to others

If forgetting the WiFi connection in the phones settings is t helping then there's nothing much more I can suggest. There isn't a magic button to cure this.

Are you not able to use a mobile data connection. 

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

I understand what you mean. I will try to solve it with the IT department. I am just concerned that this will happen in the future in places where I won't have a way to solve it. Thank you any way.

Voyager

Hi @Nuheira! Did you find out what the issue was? Was it related to the school Wi-Fi or the phone itself? Let us know how you got on. :smileyhappy:

Apprentice

Hi @CarolinaW, when I talked to the IT department, they checked the phone but told me that it must be a software problem, because it connects but does not load, and it works on other phone, so I think its the reception is weak. I will talk to the retailer and try to work it out.

First Poster

From other postings on this forum it appears the A5 has trouble with some wifi routers but not others (most drastic example: A5 2017 kills wifi router. Samsung needs to make a statement which routers have problems, and/or issue an update to fix these problems.

Top Liked Authors