Support

Open search

A5 2017 selfie camera does not work at all

Explorer

Hello, I have read a lot of customers of A5 2017 that are complaining for the very bad selfie camera that is not able to make selfie focused. Everything cames blurry. If you google, you'll find a lot of people saying the same.

I've read "Samsung support" suggesting to delete cache, apps... everything is useless... this is a defect of the model that cannot be fixed in any way unless Samsung releases some official patch.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @damizero

Try a hardware test: go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

Front Camera: Select Front Cam, align your phone and tap to take a photo. Review the quality of the photo and let us know the results. You can then tap the screen to return to the LCD test screen.

Review the photo and let us know the results.

Let us know if your cameras focus correctly in this mode. If they do, then it highlights a software issue, if not, then I'd recommend popping into a Service Location to have your phones looked at by a trusty engineer.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

Hello, your suggestion did not work, same problem. As I said clearly in my previous post, it's not a problem of my phone, as there are hundreds of people complaining the same. Front camera does not focus objects more far than 30cm... 

... can you please take a A5 2017, make a selfie and post? I'd like to see if it comes good to you...

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Sorry I choose to use a Samsung Galaxy s8 as mentioned clearly in my signature on every post. 

Please take your phone to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Observer

his reply like stupid

Top Liked Authors