Support

Open search

A5 2017 front camera focus issue

First Poster

Hi Samsung Team, I've just bought the A5 2017 and i am pretty upset from it. I saw from your comments that you are not considering this as a factory error! Anyway, I am willing to sell the phone and buy another one from another Brand, so I just want to know if it is a Hardware or Software feature, if it is Software maybe i will wait before selling my mobile untill you provide us with a software update.

If it is Hardware then i wont wait.

3 REPLIES 3
TracyR Moderator

Hey @Farah

Lets do a quick hardware test on your phone: head over to your dial pad and punch in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests, click on Front Cam, align your phone and tap to take a photo. Review the quality of the photo and let me know what the focus is like.

:womanhappy:

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

First Poster

The focus is still blurry

Highlighted
First Poster

The problem in this phone is that the front camera's depth-of-field is very low. If you dont know, most selfies have friends behind us. And your camera makes them all blur. Poor customers think it is their fault. They don't know Samsung engineers have done a bad job. So sad that This issue cannot be even fixed. The front camera of even chinese phones is awesome. No one is blurred even if they stand 5 ft away from my face. I had previously samsung S4 mini, j5 2015, music duos 6012, mega 5.8 and wanted to be a loyal customer to samsung. Now I don't trust and dont wanna recommend to my friends or others in future. Before purchasing this mobile I've thought im going to purchase an awesome phone and now you cheated me, my belief and my loyality to samsung, im so sad because of this retarded front camera

Top Liked Authors