Support

Open search

A5 2017 front camera focus issue

First Poster

Dear  SachikoT

Thanks for your reply

This steps are done many times by all of this people.

Please take an A5 2017 or A7 2017 phone, hold it as far as you can on your hand, or put it on monopod. Now take a selfie of yourself and then zoom it. is it blurry? I am sure that your selfie is blurry. So report this issue to samsung to realy "solve it"

thanks

Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us about this, @varshabi

We understand that you have taken troubleshooting steps previously but ask you to re-do these in the order presented as it helps us understand your situation and provides information on potential causes of the behaviours you are reporting. 

We have tested an A5 (2017) here, which is working to specification. As we do not range the A7 (2017) in the UK, we have not been able to test this model. There are regional variations in the hardware and software so it would be really valuable to know what country you are based in, what specific model you are experiencing this on and your software information.

Software is specifically designed for each model and localised to each market. Even in a single country, there will be multiple iterations of the software for the same model to provide customisation for the different carriers which will all go through independent quality assessments.

It would also help our experts understand this if you are able to share example photos from your front facing cameras along with error reports submitted through Samsung Members.

Thank you, 

Sachiko from The Samsung Community Team. 

First Poster

I found that front camera in A5 2017 has a serious issue, Focusing!

If my face is near front camera (like 20-30cm), the photo would be clear. But if I extend my hand to take a selfie (this is needed for group selfies), then everything including faces is blurry

i want to solve this proplem or change my mobile phone any other solution not accepted or give me my mony 

Explorer

I have the same issue with a7 2017. My sister is using a5 2017. I updated my firmware and i thougt it's the fix in focusing issue. Those are just additional filter effects and didn't resolve the problem. Very frustraring for a pricy phone.

Explorer

Same exact issue. A5 2017 front camera does not make acceptable photos, everything is blurry. Incredibile for this product!

First Poster

I took new Samsung a5 2017 on 17-11-2017. I think Samsung has corrected the issue for new devices. I'm having no focus issue with selfie cam. 

First Poster

Is your front camera working properly? Please help me ... After doing lot of searching I decided to buy this mobile but reviews are too frightening.what about group selfies are they any good?

First Poster

First Poster

I think there's an improvement. Will you send your email add here so that i can send some groufies to you. So that, you will judge and see it by yourselves. Heehee

Highlighted
First Poster

I have searched for selfie sample shots but I couldn't find anywhere.Please share some samples shots so that I can decide.Thanks in Advance

Top Liked Authors