Support

Open search

A5 2017 WiFi hanging

Highlighted
First Poster

Ya, I tried all of that. Found out that it works just fine with some routers. Others... not so much.

So.............took an old router. Turned it into and access point. Connect my phone to this router..... problem solved.

Thanks for everyones input.

Highlighted
Observer

I think i have the same problem it was wifi and bluetooth that won't turn on, I changed the IC. it worked then switched off the wifi but then kept telling me turning on but it won't turn on. Bluetooth is fine. 

Any help? 

Highlighted
First Poster

The problem is very much with the device I have had nothing but connection problems I had a Samsung s5 mini before this phone on a 4gb data plan I never hit 3gb all the time I had this phone.

With the A5 2017 I used all my 4gb inside 3 weeks, it hangs not connecting it has a very weak wifi signal and it will not connect to most things I used to connect to. 

I am so disappointed in this phone it was classed as the S7 with not so good camera which I am not too fussed about but it is rubbish !.

Advice is buy something else and good luck !

Highlighted

@mgne71 wrote:

The WiFi on my A5 2017 keeps hanging (starting / stopping) I have wiped the cache and done a factory reset but all to no avail has anyone had/solved this problem? 

I've got the same problem on my A5 2017. Seems to be a bit of an endemic problem.

Highlighted
First Poster

Yes it seems to be a work colleague has an a5 and every month he is getting extra data for free from 3 I am always at the end of mine and I am on my second phone.

I wish reviewers did checks on this I only got the phone after many review checks if I am near my limit this mo th they are getting the phone back it is not fit for purpose .

Highlighted
First Poster

I've had my A5 for about 7 months now, I have run out of data in six of those months. I have NEVER run out of data in all the years before, and that has been a selection of Samsung phones.

This is entirely caused by having to turn off wifi as it simply doesn't work, go into 4g and all is well and working fine.

I called Samsung in the first month and all they could suggest was to repackage it and send it back, who can afford a new phone when they've just paid out all that money for a new one? And when you are self employed you rely on the phone.

I phoned last month and asked if it was a known problem and they said it wasn't but I can see from here that it is common.

Time to try a new brand of phone, I need to broaden my horizons, I have always stuck to Samsung because it's easy.

Highlighted
First Poster

My wife and I both got Galaxy A5s from 3 in Dublin for free on a cheap contract. After a few days they both started losing Internet access randomly. The settings would show the phone connected to the WiFi network but a message under it saying "Internet may not be available". Turning off and on  WiFi solves to problem. We have other devices, Samsung tablets and Internet radios,  on the same network and they don't have the problem. The problem in very intermittent and random, and all the more annoying for that. The router is a Virgin Media Hub 3.0. Samsung say they do not know about the problem. Our previous phones A3s did not show the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Not sure what we can do except complain.

Of course they now about the problem it's a over the internet they just won't admit to it. It is costing us money as the phone reverts to data service

Highlighted
First Poster

I have been having the exact same problem with my galaxy A5 (2017). Every now and then the exclamamtion mark appears on the WiFi symbol and if I try to enter the WiFi settings the entire phone hangs for a few seconds. There's nothing I can do apart from wait for it to come back to life.

I know this is a phone problem because it happens on multiple different networks (my house, my parents house, my girlfriend's house). Samaung support offered me nothing beyond the usual "forget the network and reconnect" and "reboot your phone" which made no difference. I even did a factory reset to no avail. 

Because the issue is intermittant it is difficult to replicate when I am talking to customer support.

Has there been any more news on a fix?

Highlighted
First Poster

I'm now not so sure about this problem. After my post I noticed that the same problem was happening on Galaxy tablets. We have had power cuts recently  so I suspected the router.  I rebooted it and the problem seems to have gone away. It's been over a week now since it occurred. So fingers crossed. No much use to you though. 

Top Liked Authors