Support

Open search

The Introduce Yourself Thread

ChrisM Moderator

I know it well! Spent many a happy day there.

First Poster

Hi all,

I'm a new user - only really joined because I wanted to give some suggestions for improvements (which I've made on an ideas thread already).  Seems there is a thriving commuity here!

Glad to be a part of it!

ChrisM Moderator

Hi @mi5ter_prof.

Glad to have you on board!

Hi guys just a wee msg to say hello to my fellow samsung buddies. I love all the above movies mentioned by AntS.
AndrewL Moderator
Welcome to the Community, @Chappers1.
Explorer

Hello!

I am Ahmad and I am 18. I've been using Samsung decices ever since the Galaxy S2

Explorer
Thank u.😁
Theresa edwards
Explorer
Go raibh maith agat.😁
Theresa edwards
Apprentice

Hi,

I am Dolf from The Netherlands.

My first phone was a Samsung Galaxy S2 (For months I doubted between Galaxy S and HTC Desire, until S2 came out). My second phone was Galaxy Note4.

My third phone is a Note9.

As a former software engineer, I am very picky about all sorts of issues concerning quality, performance and usability. Also, my Asperger Syndrome helps a lot .

I have quite some experience with other brands too, because I am the repairman and point of contact for my circles, when it comes to technical stuff. And I read a lot of stuff. My focus is on UI, ergonomics and usability.

For me, Samsung is quite good at overall quality. In reviews a lot of things are not covered like:

- How robust is the charging port?

- How fast will the battery degrade?

- How much radiation does the phone have?

- How is performance in area's with low reception?

- How is call sound quality when using speaker?

- How good is GPS in bad whether or between high buildings?

Etc etc, just a few examples. Samsung does a good job on these kind of things. They really pay a lot of attention to all those many small details.

In the beginning I was no fan of Samsung software. But it's really improving. Just as an example: I cannot find any app on Play Store that can beat Samsung Gallery. And I have been trying for many hours. And of course, One UI beats Samsung Experience beats TouchWiz big time.

But.... there is also a lot of room for improvement! That's why I joined this community. Hoping that Samsung reads along and consider the critics and suggestions.

dolfff
ChrisM Moderator

It's good to have you on board, @dolfff. We look forward to your contributions and expertise!

Top Liked Authors