cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 24-11-2017 10:59 AM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
Starz12
Explorer
Options

Hi ants I'm using English (United kingdom)  language Samsung keyboard

Squeaky
Student
Options
Hi my name is squeaky, ive been a samsung phone user for 10years now! Never had any problems with samsung ever, i started with a d500, then galaxy, galaxy s3, s5,s7 and now the s8 which i love! 😁
Starz12
Explorer
Options

@Squeaky wrote:
Hi my name is squeaky, ive been a samsung phone user for 10years now! Never had any problems with samsung ever, i started with a d500, then galaxy, galaxy s3, s5,s7 and now the s8 which i love! 😁

Hi squeaky I must admit I love the s8 too. I have previously been a big fan of Motorola's.  I loved their clamshell look. I had moist of their clamshell models ending with the maroon razar. When they stopped being in the business fur a while I went to Samsung and have not looked back. I like the way you can transfer your details from phone to phone with ease.  The font and the size of the screen makes my old eyes easier to focus. I like the way you can customise your phone to make it yours. I'm regularly changing themes and the new aods. I like the way you can change the icons well just wish that this customisation there were more free versions. Although I have spent  a lot of money on themes etc. 

I do have problems with certain apps and the native keyboard. When I get fed up with the constant mistakes I change to the goggle keyboard. I update regularly and do have the previous version backed up just in case. I'm now looking into having the virtual reality set.  I think I'm addicted to my phones since being off work sick. Lol take  care. ☺🎄

Panos
Journeyman
Options
Hi all, My name is Panos and i am from Greece. I love tech and i am a programmer. Having a Samsung since S6, and currently have a Note8.
AntS
Options

@Starz12 wrote:

Hi ants I'm using English (United kingdom)  language Samsung keyboard

Thanks! Any examples of words it's not recognising @Starz12? And are they standard words or words you'd added to the phone's personal/custom dictionary before the update?

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
Vanoodla
First Poster
Options
Hello! Any chance u can help me with a messaging problem please??!!
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Vanoodla! :robothappy:

Can you give us some more info about what trouble you're having with your messaging?

0 Likes
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

Hello I'm Nige, I'm from Suffolk ☺☺, I enjoy fishing and relaxing in my garden next to my koi carp pond, I also enjoy time with my 3 grandchildren. I have owned a Samsung since the s1 came out 👀👀, my previous phone at the moment is the s8 but I am going to be buying the s8 plus soon as I like bigger screens 👍👍👍👍👍

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

Hello I'm John and I'm using a Samsung A3 2017 and I've been using Samsung for years.