cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 16-12-2017 08:40 PM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
Simon44
First Poster
Options
Hi i just received an email from samsung congratulating me on my new fridge.
I havent bought a fridge !
0 Likes
AntS
Options
AntS
Options

@Simon44: Well, that's your Christmas surprise spoiled. :robotsad:

It's definitely odd. Any Samsung products you've bought recently?

0 Likes
richje100
Apprentice
Options

Hello from Wales.  First Samsung after switching from apple. Been an iPhone fanboy for years so finally taken the plunge on the note 8. Great phone and glad I did. 

amokuk
Voyager
Options

hi ants,

pehaps you or someone from samsung could reply to the blue planet 2 no samsung thread.  its being watched by over 1000 people and i would have thought is quite damaging for you.

Conflictedpuppy
First Poster
Options

Hello I am New to Samsung, recent iPhone junkie lol. I can say that I am In love with my Samsung plus 8, The health functions and total control is amazing and reassuring. I love video games and have ps4 so feel free to add me she-she21limits. Major anime/manga lover, big Edgar Allen Poe fan just love all his work. Anything else you would like to know just ask. 

DaveC1968
Apprentice
Options

Hi I'm Dave. I'm almost 50 (in just over 2 months) and my first phone was a Nokia/Mobira Cityman 1320 TACS way back in 1987, which by my calculations is 30 years ago and when I was proud to be a Yuppy!!!

Since that time I've had a selection of Nokia/ Sony Ericson and Motorola phones right upto the Nokia E61 smart phone, when I switched to an iPhone 3GS in 2010. Since that time, I've had a succession of iPhones upto and including a 6s+ (and required iWatch) which I replaced with an Galaxy S8 last November and a Gear S3 Classic watch for this Christmas (Actually two weeks before! 😉).

Work wise, I've had mostly non-descript and basic Nokia/ Sony Ericsson phones, Samsung flip, motorola flip etc, followed by a Blackberry Curve. My current work phone, is a Samsung Galaxy Note4, which does all I need and is still going strong. 

Tablet wise, I've owned a no-make Android tablet that lasted a whole week! Replaced by an iPad1 3G, iPad Mini2 WiFi, Microsoft Surface with keyboard and a Samsung Tab S2 WiFi, which I've now had for a year or so.

I've been on the internet since dial up and I'm into photography. I currently own a Canon 35mm SLR and Canon DSLR and I love walking in both North Wales and the Cairngorms National Park. I've probably missed out a lot about me, but that just about sums it up!

coolhandan
Apprentice
Options
hello everybody. I'm Dan.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi Joined here around a month ago and thought I'd give you a short intro, though probably won't say as much as Dave :smiling-face:   Anyway I'm James and I passed the 50 milestone last year, though may  pass for looking a bit younger-my avatar is a fairly recent pic.   Anyway for  some time I've been into gadgets and tech stuff and have obviously seen a few developments throughout the years, here is an early example which some may not be familiar with.  Talking Viewmaster    Was pretty much into Pc's when they were widely available and later the more mobile devices which many of us enjoy and in some cases rely on.  I've also had the internet since the dial up days which we would struggle to cope with now lol.  I also quite like photography (though not really an expert)

Tv  is quite  important to me and will watch a variety of drama, comedy,sci-fi,horror , general enertainment /some sport and documentaries.  I have had quite a few Samsung Tv's including most recent model but currently have Iphone. Enjoy travelling at times and also some visits to theatre/cinema and dining out/meeting up on ocassions.  At times I can be a bit on the quiet side but do have quite  good sense of humour :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

DawnNuttella
First Poster
Options
Hi