cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 22-07-2019 09:31 AM)
AntS
Options

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

692 REPLIES 692
VGi
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
I am VGi and looking to buy a S10e.
0 Likes
Tricia1243
Apprentice
Options

Hi, can anyone answer this please.

I am on Twitter and a lady has just DM me saying my profile has been selected by Samsung computer and I’m entitled to a big prize sum!  Does Samsung actually do this or is it a scam?  Don’t know what to think as I’ve read this lady’s profile and it says she is an online clearing Agent for Samsung😮 Not sure what to believe as they want my home details!  I am somewhat sceptical😏

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Tricia1243
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Can you please reply to my post please as I urgently need some assurance
0 Likes
Beccic
Pathfinder
Options

Sounds dodgy to me! 

0 Likes
Tricia1243
Apprentice
Options

That’s what I thought! do you know a number for Samsung whom I could ring tomorrow?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

This would appear to be a scam, @Tricia1243. Samsung never send emails offering large sums of money. Please do not disclose any personal information to the sender and delete the email. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Something similar happended to me a while ago also supposedly from Samsung. knew it was a scam.  @Tricia1243  Think a case of too good to be true-certainly as @CarlH  has said  do not respond. Think it was a Twitter DM , though of course you may also receive scam emails.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kimgiffiths19
Pioneer
Options
It's a scam.
Samsung don't do those sorts of things.
If you enter a competition through Samsung members, then maybe. That's the only way as far as I know that Samsung gives stuff away as prizes.
Kimgiffiths19
Pioneer
Options
I like your candor about your hand to eye coordination... Me too.. Lol.
Welcome. 😊
0 Likes
Barbar72
First Poster
Options

Hi all thankssss 

0 Likes