Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi always on -- and battery usage

(Topic created on: 29-04-2019 05:38 PM)
andgasparetto
First Poster
Options

I am not using a Sim so far, and using the Wifi only.

Trying to optimise battery consumption I have set the option Keep Wifi On during sleep (first to while charging, then ) to Never.

Wifi control history do not show any Recent applications accessing Wifi, never seen one there.

Also I found the new security option to Lock network and security and disabled it.

And in Data usage I tested a 2.4 gh wifi set on Restrict networks.

I have the latest april update for the A5 2017.

The wifi seems always on and never negociating new ip. Why isn't it stopping and starting when it goes and resume sleep?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
andgasparetto
First Poster
Options

I am new to Samsung.. but I have to say that the Wifi policies have always been so subtle on Android...and unless you want to use 4 more apps for managing it.. you have to adapt to the brand.

But the battery consumption is abnormal very often in my case... yet "sometimes" it keeps the level if not used. 

0 Likes
andgasparetto
First Poster
Options

In case someone is reading... It worked for a while, that is the Wifi went off and resumed on screen-on for more than a day, and actually saving battery.

Till one time it hasn't resumed, even though the Wifi was showin On, it needed to be shut Off and On again. And now is back with the original problem, Always On.

I tried to put the Wifi 5gz on restric Data access, and to forget the network as well. 

Also I have a Sim card now.

So is definetely Buggy!

0 Likes
andgasparetto
First Poster
Options

Finally disabling the option Turn On Wifi automatically (in places where you use it frequently) seem to have done the trick. (Along with the security lock i guess)

In Android 8 every Wifi connection has Autoreconnect option anyway.

No data restriction is necessary, warm community!

0 Likes