Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Samsung Pay - S8

(Topic created on: 09-02-2018 07:16 PM)
waquzy
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

I have tried to google this problem and no one seems to have an answer to this. I'm from the UK and I have an unlocked S8 (SM-G950F) and I cannot connect to Samsung Pay no matter what I do.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app and nothing, I have also tried without encrypting my phone and still the same issue... is there anything else I can do?Screenshot_20180208-201343.png

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
waquzy
Journeyman
Options

Android Pay is not set as default because you can't set any payment option as default Screenshot_20180209-185951.png

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

I'm definitely at a loss here @waquzy and all I can think of is it being because of the non UK version of the phone, although as you say it should work because we get Samsung pay here. Sorry I couldn't be of more help buddy.

0 Likes
waquzy
Journeyman
Options
No worries mate, thank you for your help. I will pop into one of the Samsung stores in the near future....
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

wrote:
No worries mate, thank you for your help. I will pop into one of the Samsung stores in the near future....

@waquzy

That would probably be your best idea mate incase we're missing something, let me know how you get on. 

waquzy
Journeyman
Options

Will do. Cheers again :smiling-face:

0 Likes
InaPina
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem with the S6. Perfectly legit phone on Vodafone in the UK, not rooted (I wouldn’t know how), stock model, will not run Google Pay, will not run Samsung pay. When I try google pay I get an error message about the device being rooted, unlocked boot loader or custom ROM. No idea what any of those are but I haven’t messed around with it, it’s stock. Samsung Pay doesn’t work either. I tried it, it failed, and now the App Store isn’t even finding it for me. It’s so annoying. I used tap and go payment perfectly on my J3 and it ran perfectly. What is the problem, and how can I get my S6 to work with a phone pay system? It’s so annoying and there seems to be no help available.

0 Likes
GeChivu
First Poster
Options

i have te same issue on s9 plus phone from France . I am in UK .new info for the issue?

0 Likes
GeChivu
First Poster
Options

same issue . new update?

0 Likes
Asiabearx
First Poster
Options

Also having the same issue. US based, but have an international phone(my software model pulls up Turkey, but Samsung Pay has been advertising things relevant to South Africa). It won't let me add Discover into the wallet because of this 😞

0 Likes
Bodybag
First Poster
Options

Hey everyone, 

I just saw this video which actually helped me gain access to the Samsung Pay on my Galaxy watch.  

https://youtu.be/YgRKQho1dP8