Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Samsung Pay - S8

(Topic created on: 09-02-2018 06:46 PM)
waquzy
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

I have tried to google this problem and no one seems to have an answer to this. I'm from the UK and I have an unlocked S8 (SM-G950F) and I cannot connect to Samsung Pay no matter what I do.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app and nothing, I have also tried without encrypting my phone and still the same issue... is there anything else I can do?Screenshot_20180208-201343.png

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@waquzy

After reading up on this it seems a factory reset was the only solution for people, not ideal I know. The phone isn't an international model is it? Because it could come from a region where Samsung pay isn't available yet.

waquzy
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thank you for replying. It is an UK version and it should work. I don't really want to do a factory reset as it does not guarantee for it to be working afterwards. Can't Samsung release a patch for this as so many ppl seem to have this problem.

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@waquzy

Yes it should work buddy and I know the factory reset isn't ideal, I'd contact Samsung and see if you can get any extra info on this issue. As a side note I set mine up to see if I had any issues and my bank doesn't support Samsung pay, still got Android pay though. Hopefully a moderator might pop along with some information for you. 

0 Likes
waquzy
Journeyman
Options

I have just been looking into this more and I found something that might be causing the problem. When I go to settings and look up about my phone/ service provider it comes up as ATO meaning it is not a UK phone, I got it from ebay, but the seller is based in the UK so I assumed it is an UK phone. ATO stands for Austria. .. 😞  I still don't understand why doesn't it work in the UK, when we have Samsung PAY?!! Can I override the service provider to the UK somehow?

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@waquzy

No I'm afraid you can't do that to make it look like a UK model, it's something to do with it being an unlocked international model and it won't connect, it appears to be an issue with Samsung. Have you tried making the Samsung pay your default app if you have Android pay installed?

0 Likes
waquzy
Journeyman
Options

Ah ok. I can't set any payment apps as default( Samsung pay or android pay), there is no option for that. If I delete android pay then same issue with the Samsung Pay

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

Are you able to uninstall the Samsung pay app and reinstall it again? Because you might get the option after installation of the app to set it as default @waquzy.

0 Likes
waquzy
Journeyman
Options

I cant get that far into the app, as soon as the app finishes installing and I click open I get that same screen "unable to...."

I have tried reinstalling it several times

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@waquzy

Go into your Settings > Apps and scroll down to Android pay and check it isn't set to default.

0 Likes