Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Split Screen Not Working - Note 8

(Topic created on: 15-07-2019 04:57 PM)
Rozzyee
Student
Options

Hi

I can't seem to turn on split screen at all. The option used to be there when you pressed the middle button and could click on the two lines for any open apps that supported the functionality.

I have searched in settings:

"Split"

"Multi"

"Dual"

"Screen"

And nothing comes up for the the split screen options which makes me feel like the option has disappeared?

Can anyone advise?

21 REPLIES 21
POORUPDATE
Apprentice
Options

Welcome to the worst software Samsung pie ui 9.

I suspect I updated your phone and that's not the only thing you will discover that's been removed

Chokarelyn0221
First Poster
Options

Same with me. It is no longer available in Settings. Why?

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

To activate 'split screen' view, open up the 2 apps you're wanting to use, then select the recent apps button. Click on the icon of the first app and providing it's available, you will be given an option to 'Open in split screen view'. Then open up the second app and you'll have both apps available at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Apostoljay
First Poster
Options
It worked :smiling-face:
Hiamol
Apprentice
Options

It does not work in my note 8 nor can I find multi window option. It only works from edge scree paired apps

0 Likes
ShettaH
First Poster
Options
Thanks Chris I just tried doing this and it worked!!!
0 Likes
ARIEMOSA
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! I've been searching for the last 2 hours and finally read your answer. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
DanaDane
First Poster
Options

Wow.. thanks so much. I have been trying to figure out where this option went for the longest.  I guess they just moved things around. 

0 Likes
Hiamol
Apprentice
Options

This does not work on my note 8 since almost a year. When i use to select the recent apps button this thing does not work for me PFA screenshots of the same. It uses to work before but now it only works from the Edge screen app pair.

Any have idea how to fix it. Disappointed in Samsung for the same.Screenshot_20200430-192039_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes