Samsung pay on gear s2

(Topic created on: 12-01-2018 06:55 AM)
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20170828-162339.png

Screenshot_20170828-162422.png

Screenshot_20170828-162446.png

Who else is getting sick of Samsung's excuses?

95 REPLIES 95
Nickyd
Journeyman
Options

Success in Switzerland!

After a few emails sending evidence to Swiss Samsung customer support, they agreed to give me a full refund for my 1 year old gear S2.

I've bought the gear sport and it works great! 

ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

@Nickyd wrote:

Success in Switzerland!

After a few emails sending evidence to Swiss Samsung customer support, they agreed to give me a full refund for my 1 year old gear S2.

I've bought the gear sport and it works great! 

Well done. Great news.

0 Likes
AntonChigurh
Explorer
Options

That's a good precedent.  Do you mind sharing what sort of arguments & evidence they accepted?

0 Likes
Nickyd
Journeyman
Options
No problem. If you look back in this thread I provided links to all the places I found Samsung pay advertised. Just copy paste these links
0 Likes
AntonChigurh
Explorer
Options

so basically you just complained that spay didn't work with evidence that they said it would?

did you buy direct from samsung or through a 3rd party?  I got mine from somewhere else, so wonder if they will entertain a refund in that case.

0 Likes
Nickyd
Journeyman
Options

From a shop

0 Likes
Nickyd
Journeyman
Options
Yep.exactly!
0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Has anyone in the UK managed to get Samsung to replace / refund their s2 on this basis (ie no support for Samsung Pay). I sent Samsung a signed-for letter last month requesting a refund under Consumer Rights Act which they have simply ignored (to date). I am therefore going to start legal proceedings, unfortunate but I know the law is on my side. 

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Does anybody wish to join me in looking to start a class action against Samsung. Regardless of what Samsung say about Samsung Pay and the Gear s2 there were strong implications at launch that the Gear s2 was compatible and that the feature would eventually be supported. There were even events in the UK around launch showing off that functionality. I feel so badly let down and it would  be great if we can build up collateral of any suggestive marketing at the time. Come on -  let't not let this corporate bully off the hook. 

0 Likes
CristianS
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I want to opt in. How do you want to move forward? 

0 Likes