Samsung pay on gear s2

(Topic created on: 19-12-2017 10:51 PM)
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20170828-162339.png

Screenshot_20170828-162422.png

Screenshot_20170828-162446.png

Who else is getting sick of Samsung's excuses?

95 REPLIES 95
AdammmmmB
First Poster
Options

@CristianS wrote:
Hi.
On the launch video Samsung posted online, it was stated that you can use Samsung Pay with Gear S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09fLx-6Y1Vc minute 46:10

Stuff like this just makes me so upset and annoyed!! 

I really want a work around badly!!

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Dont get mad. Write to trading standards, tweet BBC watchdog and generally increase awareness. By the letter of the law Samung probably had some caveat hidden away under an asterisk but the bottom line for me is that a multi national has totally misled consumers and is being totally disengenous about its intended support on the s2. I'm off for a few weeks over Christmas and am going to make it my mission to progress this. Everone should tweet and email 

0 Likes
Ginja
Apprentice
Options

Its infuriating me as well, while Samsung pay was not the whole reason I bought an S2 it was a major factor. I even acquired a Nationwide credit card so I could use the service when it became available in the UK and I've never used it because of having to faff about with my phone vs just using my wallet... I don't want the new sport watch version which is just an ugly version of the s2...

ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Continue to make your feelings known across social media and contact trading standards, bbc watchdog etc. Samsung is presenting a wall of silence but if  people make  noise eventually it will bite them. Treatment of early adopters as well as new customers a disgrace 

0 Likes
nkarim
First Poster
Options

I've been back and forth emailing samsung for the last two months but they keep going round in circles. I dug up this page from their press archives.

I don't see how they can read their own writing and say they didn't promote Samsung pay as an upcoming feature in the UK despite demonstrating it using Samsung pay in a UK pop up stall right before pre orders opened. Still, they refuse to accept responsibility. Their head of product marketing is even quoted as saying the features demonstrated comprise the "full gear s2 experience". Surely this means none of us have been fully delivered what we paid for?

I've reported to trading standards but it's unlikely to come to anything. Given Samsung's own webpage, I imagine they'd have no leg to stand on if it went to court. Can't imagine I'm ever going to get the time to do that though....

nexy33
Pioneer
Options

don't know why Samsung even bothered launching Samsung pay in the UK a year in and the support for it from the major banks is oatgetic, just bin it as a bad mistake and launch android pay for the S2 and s3

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Let me know how you get on with trading standards. I have contacted them too. I also have legal cover as part of my home insurance so will look to get guidance there before pursuing through the small claims court. I suspect it would be easier to get some recourse though through embarrassing Samung into action through something like BBC watchdog but this would need a lot of us to bombard the watchdog twitter account and request friends to retweet etc. Any takers? 

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Christian, the link you posted a month for the "launch" video on youtube is no longer available. Funny that...

0 Likes
CristianS
Apprentice
Options

There is one more *****, minute 17:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAndQyEta8 

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

@nkarim wrote:

I've been back and forth emailing samsung for the last two months but they keep going round in circles. I dug up this page from their press archives.

I don't see how they can read their own writing and say they didn't promote Samsung pay as an upcoming feature in the UK despite demonstrating it using Samsung pay in a UK pop up stall right before pre orders opened. Still, they refuse to accept responsibility. Their head of product marketing is even quoted as saying the features demonstrated comprise the "full gear s2 experience". Surely this means none of us have been fully delivered what we paid for?

I've reported to trading standards but it's unlikely to come to anything. Given Samsung's own webpage, I imagine they'd have no leg to stand on if it went to court. Can't imagine I'm ever going to get the time to do that though....

Its all gone a but quiet but if we got more than 40 people interested we could force a class action that Samsung would almost certainly settle out of court. To be honest though writing head office a letter quoting your consumer rights and asking for redress is probably easiest. 

0 Likes